The human body is mainly composed of water. Puffiness, bloating, swelling and any other discomfort can be due to water retention. Is there a natural solution? Yes, there are essential oils for water retention.
- 1 Benefits Of Essential Oil For Water Retention
- 1.1 1. Essential Oil Helps In Stress Relief
- 1.2 2. Essential Oil Help Balance Your Hormonal System
- 1.3 3. Essential Oil Helps Increase Circulation
- 1.4 4. Essential Oil Can Give You A Natural Diuretic Effect
- 1.5 5. Essential Oil Helps Boost Energy
- 1.6 6. Essential Oil Can Help Decrease Inflammation
- 1.7 7. Essential Oil Can Boost Your Metabolism
- 1.8 8. Essential Oil Can Improve Muscle Tone
- 1.9 9. Essential Oil Can Improve Bone Health
- 1.10 10. Essential Oil Can Help Balance Your Blood Sugar Levels
- 1.11 11. Essential Oil Can Fight Off Harmful Organisms
- 1.12 12. Essential Oil Can Increase Appetite
- 1.13 13. Essential Oil Helps Lower Swelling
- 1.14 14. Essential Oil Helps Support Immune System
- 1.15 15. Essential Oil Can Help Promote Detoxification
- 1.16 16. Essential Oil Can Help Boost Your Mood
- 1.17 17. Essential Oil Can Be Used As A Sleep Aid
- 1.18 18. Essential Oil Can Be Used As A Fluoride Detox
- 1.19 19. Essential Oil Can Help You Achieve A Healthy Balance Of Water
- 1.20 20. Essential Oil Can Promote Weight Loss
- 1.21 21. Essential Oil Can Help With Liver Detoxification
- 1.22 22. Essential Oil Can Help Support A Healthy Gut
- 2 How To Use Essential Oil For Water Retention
- 3 Conclusion
Benefits Of Essential Oil For Water Retention
Essential oils are liquid plant extracts and they’re extremely concentrated. They may be diluted with a carrier oil like coconut oil before applying them topically or ingested (inhalation is also an effective method). What makes essential oils so special is that they contain organic compounds called “terpenes”. Terpenes are the building blocks of all essential oils.
Water retention is often caused by stress and anxiety caused by stress and anxiety, so using an essential oil blend can help relax your body and mind. At the same time, terpenes not only balance your mood but also stimulate liver function to remove toxins from your body. These two combined actions will relieve tension and water retention effectively.
Essential oils can be very beneficial for your health and wellness, but they specifically help with water retention in several ways. If you’re regularly experiencing water retention then these benefits might be just what you need to combat the issue!
1. Essential Oil Helps In Stress Relief
Lavender is well known for its stress-relieving properties. It has been used to reduce stress and anxiety since the time of ancient Greek civilization. The lavender essential oil also helps with water retention because it relaxes your nervous system, which helps to normalize cortisol levels.
When cortisol levels are out of whack the body experiences water retention. Lavender oil has also been shown to inhibit aldosterone, which is an adrenal hormone that regulates sodium and potassium concentrations in your body. Aldosterone is responsible for causing you to retain salt!
Related Video – Water Retention Solution
2. Essential Oil Help Balance Your Hormonal System
Essential oils help balance your hormones because they contain terpenes. Terpenes are incredibly effective at balancing hormones, which is one of the main reasons that essential oils have been used for thousands of years. The most popular terpene that helps with water retention is a plant compound called “limonene”. Limonene has been shown to lower cortisol levels, which helps to battle water retention.
3. Essential Oil Helps Increase Circulation
Clary sage essential oil is known to increase circulation and it also has a balancing effect on your endocrine system. The increased circulation and hormone regulation help to combat excess water weight and puffiness in the body!
4. Essential Oil Can Give You A Natural Diuretic Effect
Essential oils are known to have a stimulating effect on your body. Citrus essential oil is one of the most popular types of essential oils for this reason because it acts as a natural diuretic!
5. Essential Oil Helps Boost Energy
Citrus essential oil is known for its stimulating effects, which helps to boost your energy levels. When you’re feeling sluggish it can be difficult to exercise or stay productive!
6. Essential Oil Can Help Decrease Inflammation
Since essential oils contain anti-inflammatory compounds they can also help decrease the inflammation that causes water retention. The best way to do this is by inhaling some eucalyptus oil while you’re at the gym or performing your usual workout routine.
7. Essential Oil Can Boost Your Metabolism
The cinnamon essential oil can boost your metabolism and help you shed fat. To lose weight, the body needs a properly functioning metabolism. Cinnamon essential oil is also known for increasing energy levels and decreasing inflammation, both of which are key to promoting weight loss!
8. Essential Oil Can Improve Muscle Tone
Lemongrass essential oil is known for improving muscle tone. It can also help you achieve better blood circulation, which helps your muscles to properly function!
9. Essential Oil Can Improve Bone Health
Thyme essential oil is known for aiding in bone health and helping to prevent broken bones. Thyme is also associated with weight loss because it increases the body’s metabolism and helps to promote healthy digestion!
10. Essential Oil Can Help Balance Your Blood Sugar Levels
Several essential oils are known for balancing blood sugar levels because they contain high concentrations of antioxidants or anti-inflammatory compounds. Ginger oil is one type that you can use to balance your blood sugar, which will help you to avoid water retention!
11. Essential Oil Can Fight Off Harmful Organisms
Essential oil can also help protect your body from harmful viruses and bacteria that might cause water retention. Lavender oil is a popular type of essential oil that helps to fight off this unwanted water weight!
12. Essential Oil Can Increase Appetite
Peppermint oil will help you increase your appetite, which can be helpful if you need to gain more weight after a recent surgery or accident. Peppermint essential oil also helps to fight water retention and has anti-inflammatory properties!
13. Essential Oil Helps Lower Swelling
Oregano oil is an effective essential oil for lowering swelling. Getting the right amount of water in your body can be very important after surgery or during times when you’re experiencing an increase in stress levels!
14. Essential Oil Helps Support Immune System
Tea tree oil is known for its immune system supporting benefits that are perfect for water retention! It can also help to get rid of bacteria and viruses that might lead to the development of unwanted fluid in your body.
15. Essential Oil Can Help Promote Detoxification
The lemon essential oil will help you detoxify because it has a high concentration of antioxidants. It can also help to keep your blood sugar levels in check, which will prevent weight fluctuations that are directly related to water weight!
16. Essential Oil Can Help Boost Your Mood
Citrus essential oils are known for their mood-boosting benefits, which are perfect if you need the added boost at the gym or during an afternoon workout session.
17. Essential Oil Can Be Used As A Sleep Aid
Some essential oils such as lavender and chamomile are known for their calming effects that can help you to fall asleep at night! They’re also helpful in combating water retention by balancing your body’s fluid levels.
18. Essential Oil Can Be Used As A Fluoride Detox
Fluoride can lead to water retention and several health complications. You can detox fluoride from your body with the help of essential oil such as clary sage which has high levels of anti-inflammatory compounds.
19. Essential Oil Can Help You Achieve A Healthy Balance Of Water
Cilantro is known for its ability to help your body achieve a healthy balance of water, which can reduce water weight. Cilantro is also used as an anti-inflammatory agent that might help you to avoid unwanted fluid collection in the future!
20. Essential Oil Can Promote Weight Loss
Clary sage essential oil will help you to lose weight by promoting the drainage of your lymphatic system. This makes it easier for water retention to leave your body because clary sage can be absorbed into fatty tissue!
21. Essential Oil Can Help With Liver Detoxification
The lemon essential oil has a high concentration of antioxidants that can help to clean your liver of harmful toxins and impurities. Your liver is an important organ that helps to keep your body in check, which means you’ll need the assistance of lemon essential oil for water retention!
22. Essential Oil Can Help Support A Healthy Gut
Peppermint essential oil is a great choice if you’re looking to support your gut health (liver, gall bladder, and pancreas) with the use of essential oils. It’s also a great choice for water retention because it can help you to lower swelling!
How To Use Essential Oil For Water Retention
Adding essential oil to your daily routine can be very beneficial.
- After Shower – Add a few drops of lavender essential oil into a tablespoon of carrier oil and then apply it directly onto dry skin.
- Foot Soak – Boil water and add lavender essential oil to it. Allow the mixture to cool and then place your feet into the mixture for 15 minutes before rinsing them clean!
- Sauna – Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil into a tablespoon of carrier oil and then apply it directly onto dry skin.
- Inhalation – Add a few drops of lavender essential oil into a tablespoon of carrier oil and then place the mixture into a burner or diffuser to use during inhalation. Don’t allow anyone to get too close since the mixture will be hot!
There are a ton of different ways to use essential oils for water retention! Some people use topical methods like:
- Add 2-3 drops of lavender oil and 1-2 drops of peppermint oil to a warm bath and soak for 10 minutes.
- Apply 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to your feet then cover your feet with socks. Allow the oil to soak into your skin for 20 minutes before removing socks and taking a warm bath.
- Apply 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil directly on the area of concern, like the swollen ankles or thighs
There are also several internal methods that can help! Some people will drink soothing teas with essential oils, like:
- Prepare 3-4 drops of clary sage oil along with some chamomile tea and drink twice per day.
You can also diffuse essential oils throughout your house. A popular method is to use a diffuser that is set up with the following combination:
- 2-3 drops of lavender, 2-3 drops of clary sage, and 1-2 drops of peppermint. Add the oils to the diffuser and start it up! Make sure to diffuse the oils for 20 minutes before leaving your home and allowing the aroma to be absorbed into surfaces.
Water retention can be very uncomfortable for some people. It makes you feel bloated and swollen all over your body. Essential oils are an incredibly beneficial tool that can help counteract water retention. No matter what method you use, it is sure to help ease the discomfort of water retention!