Essential Oils have been used for centuries for a wide range of purposes. They have been used as perfumes, cosmetics, soaps, and also in some cases medicinal purposes. Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of essential oils which involve inhaling or massaging a blend of volatile plant essences to promote physical and psychological well beings.
Are you looking for a natural remedy to cure food poisoning? If yes, then this article will discuss the benefits of essential oil for food poisoning.
- 1 Benefits Of Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 1.1 1. Essential Oil Boost Immunity System
- 1.2 2. Essential Oil Helps Detox Your Body
- 1.3 3. Essential Oil Helps Reduce Spasms
- 1.4 4. Essential Oil Helps In Relieving Nausea
- 1.5 5. Essential Oil Helps In Fighting Infection
- 1.6 6. Essential Oil Helps Relieve Pain
- 1.7 7. Essential Oil Helps Eases Digestion Of Food
- 1.8 8. Essential Oil Boost Energy Level
- 1.9 9. Essential Oil Helps Enhance Concentration
- 1.10 10. Essential Oil Helps In Curing Food Poisoning
- 1.11 11. Essential Oil Helps To Relieve Stress
- 1.12 12. Essential Oil Helps In Eradicating Free Radicals
- 1.13 13. Essential Oils Help In Fighting Harmful Bacteria
- 1.14 14. Essential Oils Help Increase Blood Circulation
- 1.15 15. Essential Oils Help Promote Well Being
- 1.16 16. Essential Oil Helps In Balancing Hormones
- 1.17 17. Essential Oil Helps To Fight Parasites
- 1.18 18. Essential Oils Help Eliminate Toxins From The Body
- 2 How To Use Essential Oil For Food Poisoning?
- 2.1 1. Oregano Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.2 2. Essential Oil Blend For Food Poisoning
- 2.3 3. Doterra Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.4 4. Young Living Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.5 5. Tea Tree Oil And Peppermint Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.6 6. Peppermint Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.7 7. Cilantro Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 2.8 8. Ginger Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
- 3 Essential Oil For Food Poisoning – Conclusion
Benefits Of Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
The essential oils are beneficial to many aspects of life, however, the benefits that they provide in food poisoning are outstanding. The best thing about using essential oils is that they do not cause side effects like other medicines. This makes them very safe for use.
Today, the therapeutic use of essential oil is increasingly gaining recognition in many parts of the world. The main reason for this is that essential oils are natural and can treat common ailments with no side effects, unlike conventional medicine.
The most important thing to ask yourself when you wish to buy oil is whether it will do what you want it to, or if it is just a waste of money.
1. Essential Oil Boost Immunity System
The antimicrobial properties of essential oils can help boost immunity in food poisoning. This is because the therapeutic properties of these oils are helpful to prevent further deterioration due to microorganisms that cause food poisoning.
2. Essential Oil Helps Detox Your Body
Some essential oils have the property of helping detox your body in food poisoning by stimulating certain organs to expel toxins.
3. Essential Oil Helps Reduce Spasms
Essential oils are known to help reduce spasms in food poisoning. Spasming is usually experienced following food poisoning as a result of vomiting or diarrhea.
Reference Video – Food Poisoning – Causes, Symptoms, And Treatment
4. Essential Oil Helps In Relieving Nausea
The essential oils are known to help relieve nausea due to food poisoning because of their properties that promote relaxation and calmness.
5. Essential Oil Helps In Fighting Infection
The sole purpose of fighting infection is to restore good health, this is because, during food poisoning, the immune system experiences a setback which makes it difficult for them to fight off infection. The antimicrobial properties of essential oils are used in fighting infections during food poisoning.
6. Essential Oil Helps Relieve Pain
Essential oil helps relieve pain experienced after food poisoning by giving comfort and soothing relief through massages or inhalation.
7. Essential Oil Helps Eases Digestion Of Food
Essential oils help to ease digestion of food following food poisoning because they have carminative properties which promote the release of gastric juices and bile for a smooth digestive process.
8. Essential Oil Boost Energy Level
The essential oil help boost the energy level in food poisoning by giving a feeling of freshness and alertness due to the presence of stimulating compounds.
9. Essential Oil Helps Enhance Concentration
The essential oils help enhance concentration in food poisoning by relaxing the mind and inducing sleep. This aids memory recall and aids concentration during food poisoning.
10. Essential Oil Helps In Curing Food Poisoning
Food poisoning is usually caused by ingestion of harmful substances like chemicals, toxins, and microorganisms which cause ill health. The essential oils are used to kill the pathogens that may be causing food poisoning.
When applied externally, they can act as an antiseptic or when ingested they can help in eliminating parasites.
11. Essential Oil Helps To Relieve Stress
People under stress can suffer from stomach upset, this is because stress weakens the immune system and causes it to be more susceptible to disease. The essential oils help relieve stress during food poisoning by helping to induce sleep and relaxation which gives relief from pain and soreness.
12. Essential Oil Helps In Eradicating Free Radicals
The therapeutic properties of essential oils help in eradicating radicals in food poisoning by hindering the formation of free radicals that cause food poisoning.
13. Essential Oils Help In Fighting Harmful Bacteria
Essential oils help fight harmful bacteria which causes some illnesses including food poisoning due to their antimicrobial properties which help in eliminating harmful microorganisms.
14. Essential Oils Help Increase Blood Circulation
Essential oil help increase blood circulation in food poisoning due to their vasodilating properties which help to widen the blood vessels and increase blood flow to various parts of the body.
15. Essential Oils Help Promote Well Being
Essential oils help promote well-being during food poisoning due to their ability to affect the mind positively and enhance mental health. This is usually done through inhalation and massages.
16. Essential Oil Helps In Balancing Hormones
Hormonal imbalance usually leads to stomach upset and food poisoning, the essential oils help in balancing hormones during food poisoning by restoring the hormonal balance that may have been disrupted.
17. Essential Oil Helps To Fight Parasites
The essential oils help fight parasites during food poisoning by eliminating the parasites that cause stomach upset.
18. Essential Oils Help Eliminate Toxins From The Body
Toxins are harmful to the body; this is because they cause disruption of normal cellular processes and also hinder their functions which leads to illness including food poisoning. The essential oils help eliminate toxins from the body during food poisoning by flushing them out of the system in different ways.
How To Use Essential Oil For Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning sometimes comes with symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, and pain which can be relieved by the use of essential oil for food poisoning. There are various ways of using essential oils to treat food poisoning.
- Inhale Essential Oil
Inhaling essential oil helps in relieving pain and giving a feeling of freshness and alertness during food poisoning. The best way to inhale these oils is by using a nebulizer or steamer for faster results. When inhaled, the active ingredients of the oil are absorbed by the mucous membrane in the nose which then diffuses into the bloodstream through capillary action.
- Apply Essential Oil On The Neck And Shoulder Area
Applying essential oils topically helps to give relief from pain and discomfort in food poisoning. The best areas of application are the neck, shoulders, and stomach area to accelerate healing caused by food poisoning.
- Apply Essential Oil On The Temples And Forehead
Applying essential oil on the temple areas helps to relieve tension which relieves stress in food poisoning by inducing sleep and relaxation which aids memory recall during treatment of food poisoning. Allowing the oil to interact with the capillary action enables it to be absorbed by the bloodstream.
- Using Essential Oil In A Bath
Adding essential oils to bath water helps to give relief from food poisoning by relieving pain, nausea, and skin irritation during the treatment of food poisoning. The best way of using these oils is through the use of a hot compress that enables the oil ingredients to be absorbed faster while relaxing in a hot bath.
- Ingesting Essential Oil
Inhaling essential oils helps to treat food poisoning by enabling the active ingredients of the oil to be absorbed into the bloodstream through the mucous membranes inside the nose which then diffuses into the bloodstream through capillary action. You can also ingest these oils for faster results or combine them with other essential oils to make them more effective.
The essential oil can also be used for the following purposes.
1. Oregano Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
The therapeutic properties of oregano essential oil help to give relief from food poisoning by inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria. It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties that help in treating infections caused by microorganisms that cause food poisoning.
2. Essential Oil Blend For Food Poisoning
There are various blends of essential oils that help treat food poisoning. A few examples include roman chamomile and lavender which help to relieve diarrhea and vomiting in food poisoning while marjoram and peppermint treat nausea, stomach cramps, and pain caused by food poisoning.
3. Doterra Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
Doterra essential oils help to give relief from the symptoms of food poisoning. Some of these oils include Digest Zen and OnGuard which possess digestive enzymes and detoxifying properties that help relieve nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea caused by food poisoning.
4. Young Living Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
Essential oils such as oregano and thyme found in Young Living essential oil helps to give relief from the symptoms of food poisoning by relieving pain and skin irritation.
5. Tea Tree Oil And Peppermint Oil For Food Poisoning
The benefits of tea tree oil and peppermint oil for food poisoning include relieving pain, muscle spasms, and digestive cramps. These oils do this by stimulating mental clarity and calming the muscles to give relief from food poisoning symptoms.
6. Peppermint Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
Add two to three drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water for faster results during treatment of food poisoning. It helps relieve nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and cramping caused by food poisoning.
7. Cilantro Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
The essential oil cilantro helps in relieving pain, internal swelling, and inflammation caused by food poisoning by detoxifying the intestines that restore their natural pH balance. The antioxidants in this oil boost liver functions which cleanses body toxins thereby reducing symptoms of food poisoning.
8. Ginger Essential Oil For Food Poisoning
Ginger essential oil helps to give relief from food poisoning by reducing nausea, digestive irritation, and cramps caused by food poisoning. It also induces perspiration which relieves the body of accumulated toxins that cause food poisoning.
Essential Oil For Food Poisoning – Conclusion
Essential oils possess various therapeutic properties that help give relief from food poisoning. This is by inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria that causes food poisoning, fighting against viruses and other microorganisms, promoting digestive enzymes, and detoxifying the body system. These essential oils can be ingested through inhalation or ingestion for faster results while some can also be added in bath water for a relaxing hot compress.