We are familiar with tendonitis, but you might find it interesting that more and more sufferers are finding essential oils for tendonitis is worth the try as a part of a treatment plan.
- 1 10 Benefits Of Essential Oil For Tendonitis
- 1.1 1. Essential Oil Helps Reduce Swelling
- 1.2 2. Essential Oil Helps Relieve Pain
- 1.3 3. Essential Oil Can Be A Natural Alternative To Drugs
- 1.4 4. Essential Oils Help To Promote Healing
- 1.5 5. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Infections
- 1.6 6. Essential Oils Are Easy To Carry Around
- 1.7 7. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Anxiety
- 1.8 8. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- 1.9 9. Essential Oil Can Help To Strengthen Your Immune System
- 1.10 10. Essential Oil Can Help To Boost Your Mood
- 2 How To Use Essential Oil For Tendonitis
- 3 Essential Oil For Tendonitis – Conclusion
10 Benefits Of Essential Oil For Tendonitis
Tendonitis occurs when the tendons that attach muscle to bone become inflamed and swollen. This can lead to pain and inflammation in certain areas of the body such as the elbows, knees, hips, and ankles. Tendonitis is not only extremely uncomfortable but also very difficult to live with if left untreated. These simple tips will guide you towards relieving your tendonitis symptoms further.
Essential oil is the common name for aromatic plant oils that are found in leaves, stems, flowers, and seeds. They are also known as volatile oils that typically come directly from plants to have a positive effect on your health.
Essential oil for tendonitis can help to naturally reduce pain and inflammation. This is typically due to the antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties that are found in common essential oils such as ginger, lavender, and eucalyptus. Here are just five reasons why you should use essential oil for tendonitis.
1. Essential Oil Helps Reduce Swelling
You will be able to reduce your swelling levels by using essential oils for tendonitis. This is because they can help to improve blood circulation in specific areas of the body that are particularly swollen. To do this, simply place a few drops on your hands and gently massage into the affected area.
However, if you are using the essential oils for tendonitis externally it is important to avoid certain areas around your eyes. You should also check with a doctor before using them on any open wounds.
Related Video – Homes Made Remedies For Tendonitis
2. Essential Oil Helps Relieve Pain
By using this method of treatment you will be able to naturally reduce pain levels in any affected areas. This is mainly because essential oils are found to contain properties with numbing qualities.
3. Essential Oil Can Be A Natural Alternative To Drugs
It can be very difficult for you to find relief from any tendonitis symptoms if you rely on medications alone. Essential oils have been known to be a natural alternative to drugs and may help you to reduce your reliance on them. This is simply because they contain healing compounds such as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve pain and discomfort. What’s more, they can also be used in conjunction with other medications without any negative interactions occurring.
4. Essential Oils Help To Promote Healing
This is because essential oils are usually composed of high concentrations of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can greatly benefit health. As a result, they can promote healing in areas where there is pain and discomfort.
5. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Infections
Not only can you reduce your risk of infections with this form of treatment but you can also help to recover from them much faster. This is mainly because essential oils are known for containing antibacterial properties that may kill off any existing bacteria in certain areas of your body.
6. Essential Oils Are Easy To Carry Around
If you are in constant pain due to tendonitis, it can often be difficult for you to carry out your daily activities. However, essential oils are small enough to fit into your pocket or purse which means that you can use them when needed without any issues. What’s more, they only take a few minutes to apply and can be used several times throughout the day.
7. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Anxiety
Many people with tendonitis experience a heightened sense of anxiety and depression. This is because they may be in constant pain which can make them feel irritable and restless. Essential oils have been known to contain properties that help to reduce stress levels which may benefit your mood overall.
8. Essential Oil Can Help To Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
If you are diabetic, you need to maintain good blood sugar levels. One way in which you can do this with essential oils is by using them as a natural moisturizer. This will help to keep your skin soft and supple while also regulating your blood sugar levels throughout the day.
9. Essential Oil Can Help To Strengthen Your Immune System
Your immune system is responsible for protecting your body against infections and illness. If you suffer from tendonitis, it may become weaker due to the pain and discomfort that it can cause which can leave you vulnerable to other conditions and illnesses. Essential oils contain properties that help to strengthen your immune system so that it can fight against these kinds of conditions effectively.
10. Essential Oil Can Help To Boost Your Mood
Essential oils were initially used in aromatherapy which focuses on breathing in their scents while also placing a few drops on your hands before rubbing them together. This practice is known to help people with depression and anxiety because it stimulates a sense of calmness which can greatly benefit your mood in general. This means that you can use essential oils to help boost your mood overall and prevent feelings of sadness and listlessness from appearing.
How To Use Essential Oil For Tendonitis
There are many simple ways to incorporate essential oil into your daily routine. Those suffering from tendonitis can benefit most by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to their bathwater. If you’re looking for more of a home remedy for tendonitis, you can even try mixing an essential oil blend that will reduce inflammation and provide natural pain relief.
Let’s see how to use essential oils for tendonitis in step-by-step detail along with some additional benefits:
- Prepare your bath by pouring in a handful of Epsom salt and adding 10 to 15 drops of the eucalyptus oil.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes every day (a few times per week) for several weeks. This will allow you to reap maximum benefits from the essential oils that are present in the Epsom salt.
- Alternatively, you can add the eucalyptus oil to a carrier oil of your choice and simply rub it on the affected area for pain relief treatment.
- You can also store an essential oil blend in a dark glass container that has been labeled with its ingredient’s name and date created. A few drops of this mixture can be applied to your hands and rubbed together before rubbing on the affected area.
- Aside from its analgesic properties, eucalyptus oil has also been found to have antibacterial properties which may help to prevent scarring or infection in addition to its pain relief treatment abilities.
- It is always best to speak with your doctor or a trusted natural health advisor before using essential oils especially for those who are pregnant, breastfeeding, on medication, or have a medical condition.
Let’s look at the essential oil for tendonitis:
- Wintergreen essential oil: It helps lower inflammation and pain. It helps in tissue regenerative, assists the body in repairing and regrowing tissues and cells. It also has Antimicrobial properties.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil has analgesic properties that help in the relief of pain and swelling. It also helps with muscle spasms, respiratory problems, and inflammation among many other benefits.
- Geranium: Geranium essential oil works as an antidepressant to relieve anxiety and lift your moods. It is known to reduce scarring and speed up the healing process of the body.
- Peppermint essential oil: It has analgesic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Peppermint relieves pain by blocking nerve impulses that are sent to the brain which helps in a quickening of the healing process of muscles, tissues, and cells.
- Basil Essential Oil: Basil essential oil is known for its antibacterial properties which helps in the relief of pain. It is also known to reduce inflammation and stimulate blood flow which speeds up the healing process.
- Sweet marjoram essential oil: It is known for its antispasmodic properties which help with muscle spasms and cramps. It also has pain-relieving properties, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic benefits.
- Lavender Essential oil: Lavender essential oil is known to reduce anxiety and depression while boosting energy levels in the body. It reduces scarring by promoting the growth of new skin cells and also has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Lemongrass essential oil: Lemongrass essential oil reduces anxiety and stress levels in the body. It is known for its detoxification properties which help flush toxins from the body, reduce scarring, and speed up the healing process of muscles, tissues, and cells.
- Cypress Essential Oil: Cypress essential oil helps with muscle spasms as well as cramps by relaxing the muscles. It is known for its analgesic effects which reduce pain and inflammation.
Essential Oil For Tendonitis – Conclusion
Essential oil is a fantastic way to treat many different conditions and this includes tendonitis. By adding these wonderful products into your daily routine, you can enjoy several different benefits including pain relief as well as the several other positive effects that they have on your body. Use the essential oil for tendonitis and start enjoying several different benefits.