Tattoos are becoming an increasingly popular trend, especially amongst young adults. To make this process safer it is better to use tea tree oil on tattoo.
Many people enjoy the beauty of tattoos and how they can mark an important event in their lives or creatively symbolize their views. However, there does exist one problem with tattoos, when you get older (or when your skin ages), your tattoo will not look the same as it did when you were younger.
This does not mean that your tattoo is ruined, however. Many people restore their tattoos by simply using tea tree oil for tattoos!
- 1 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo
- 1.1 1. Tea Tree Oil Has Antiseptic Properties
- 1.2 2. Tea Tree Oil Can Reduce Pain
- 1.3 3. Tea Tree Oil Promotes Faster Healing
- 1.4 4. Tea Tree Oil Has Antibacterial Properties
- 1.5 5. Tea Tree Oil Can Treat Scars
- 1.6 6. Tea Tree Oil Treats Dry Skin
- 1.7 7. Tea Tree Oil Keeps Skin Soft
- 1.8 8. Tea Tree Oil Relieves Itching
- 1.9 9. Tea Tree Oil Prevents and Treats Infection
- 1.10 10. Tea Tree Oil is Safe For People With Sensitive Skin
- 1.11 11. Tea Tree Oil is Affordable
- 1.12 12. Tea Tree Oil is Organic
- 1.13 13. Tea Tree Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- 1.14 14. Tea Tree Oil Promotes Skin Regeneration
- 1.15 15. Tea Tree Oil Treat Infection
- 1.16 16. Tea Tree Oil Helps Prevent Scabbing
- 2 How To Use Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo
- 3 Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo – Conclusion
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo
When one speaks of tea tree oil, they are often speaking of the essential oil from an Australian plant that belongs to the Myrtaceae family. This plant is a small evergreen tree or shrub which originated in Australia but can now be found in several places, including China and South Africa.
Tea tree oil has been used throughout history for different purposes ranging from being added to perfumes to being used in folk remedies. However, the most common use for this oil lies in its medicinal properties.
Tea tree oil can be used to reduce the pain of a tattoo during and after application. This is because tea tree oil has antiseptic properties, which help disinfect your skin and prevent infection and scarring.
1. Tea Tree Oil Has Antiseptic Properties
This is one of the most common reasons why people use tea tree oil for tattoos. Because the skin on your tattoo will be broken and bleeding during and after application, you must do everything in your power to prevent infection and scarring. Tea tree oil’s antiseptic properties help to protect this area from infection, while also disinfecting the wound.
Related Video – How Tea Tree Oil Is Made
2. Tea Tree Oil Can Reduce Pain
Pain is a common complaint following tattoo procedures and can lead to long-term problems such as stress, insomnia, and even depression. To reduce pain associated with your tattoo application and healing process you should apply tea tree oil directly to the area.
Tea tree oil has also been used to successfully treat the pain associated with arthritis, herpes, warts, toothache, and headaches.
3. Tea Tree Oil Promotes Faster Healing
Tea tree oil’s antiseptic properties also promote faster healing. This is because it can help to prevent infection and scarring, as mentioned above.
4. Tea Tree Oil Has Antibacterial Properties
One of the reasons why your tattoo will look less vibrant over time is because bacteria on your skin can cause discoloration. To combat this common occurrence, you should use tea tree oil which has antibacterial properties.
5. Tea Tree Oil Can Treat Scars
If you already have a faded or less detailed tattoo and you want to restore it, tea tree oil can treat scars. Because tea tree oil has antibacterial properties, it can prevent scar tissue from forming as your skin heals. As such, you can use tea tree oil on tattoos that are partially healed as well as those which are fully healed.
6. Tea Tree Oil Treats Dry Skin
If your tattoo is itchy and dry because of the environment in which you live, such as a cold or dry area, you should apply tea tree oil. Tea tree oil reduces redness and itching because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
7. Tea Tree Oil Keeps Skin Soft
In addition to relieving dry skin, tea tree oil also keeps skin soft. Many people often notice that their tattoos become rough and flaky when they get older or after the weather changes drastically. Tea tree oil contains fatty acids which keep skin moisturized and prevent it from drying out.
8. Tea Tree Oil Relieves Itching
As previously mentioned, tea tree oil is astringent. This means that it relieves itching and irritation. If your tattoo becomes swollen or starts to itch as a result of a change in the weather, you should apply some tea tree oil to reduce these symptoms.
9. Tea Tree Oil Prevents and Treats Infection
This is the most important reason why you should use tea tree oil on your tattoos. The antiseptic properties of tea tree oil help to prevent infection and scarring, while also promoting faster healing.
10. Tea Tree Oil is Safe For People With Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, you should use tea tree oil because it is not likely to irritate your skin if used correctly. Some people even use it for rashes and other skin conditions.
11. Tea Tree Oil is Affordable
If you have a tattoo, tea tree oil is affordable because it is readily available over the counter. In most cases, you’ll only need a small amount to treat your tattoo with tea tree oil.
12. Tea Tree Oil is Organic
If you have a tattoo, the last thing that you want to do is use an organic product that contains chemicals or other ingredients that can damage it. Tea tree oil is 100 percent organic and has no side effects when used correctly on tattoos, unlike many other products available on the market today.
13. Tea Tree Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
One of the reasons why you should use tea tree oil on your tattoos is because it has anti-inflammatory properties. This prevents swelling and redness which can make your tattoo look less defined.
14. Tea Tree Oil Promotes Skin Regeneration
If someone gets a tattoo, their skin cannot regenerate itself as quickly as before they got the tattoo. However, tea tree oil speeds up the skin’s regenerative process to make the tattoo look less faded and more vibrant over time.
15. Tea Tree Oil Treat Infection
If you have a tattoo, you should treat any infection or swelling that occurs around it using tea tree oil. If you have a cut or pus forming around the tattoo, apply some tea tree oil to reduce these symptoms and promote healing.
16. Tea Tree Oil Helps Prevent Scabbing
As previously mentioned, tea tree oil has antibacterial properties which help to prevent scarring and scabbing. If you want to use tea tree oil on your tattoos, apply some before the tattoo begins to scab so that you can enjoy better results.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo
To use tea tree oil on your tattoo, you should first wash and pat dry the area. Then, apply a small amount to the tattoo and massage it into the skin gently.
You should avoid getting tea tree oil in or around your eyes because it can irritate them if it comes into contact with them. However, you should not be concerned about using the product on your face or other areas of your body.
More specifically, you can apply tea tree oil to:
- Tattoos that are partially healed and those which are fully healed.
- The tattooed area and surrounding skin.
Before applying tea tree oil, you should first clean the tattoo and remove any ointments or other products. You can use a cotton ball soaked in tea tree oil on the area to clean it properly, as well as prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi.
To make a diluted topical ointment follow the below steps
- Step 1 – Carrier Oil: You should use a carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, or witch hazel to mix with your tea tree oil. This prevents the solution from drying out and also makes it easier for you to apply it evenly over the tattooed area.
- Step 2 – Mixing: For every one teaspoon of carrier oil add two drops of tee tree oil and mix it well.
- Step 3 – Testing: Before using, test the mixture on a small area of your skin to make sure you are not allergic to it. If the area stings or burns when you apply the product, remove it with water and soap immediately.
- Step 4 – Result: If there is no reaction after 24 hours, you can apply this mixture directly to tattoos that are partially healed or fully healed.
Tea tree oil can also be used as an antibacterial wash:
- Firstly, boil the water to make it sterile. Then let the water cool down.
- In a cup of water, add two drops of tea tree oil and mix it.
- Pick a piece of cloth and dip it into the solution.
- Use the wet cloth to wipe the tattooed area.
Remember that even if you don’t apply ointment or moisturizer after washing your tattoo with tea tree oil, there is nothing wrong with doing so.
Tea Tree Oil On Tattoo – Conclusion
As you can see, tea tree oil is the best choice to use on your tattoos for many reasons. Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties, promotes faster healing, and keeps skin soft. It also relieves itching and irritation, prevents infection, and reduces scarring. Because it is organic, tea tree oil is safe to use on your tattoos and is available over the counter. Finally, tea tree oil is affordable and can be used to treat tattoos that are partially healed and those which are fully healed.