If you have decided on getting a piercing then you should know how to get it right. You might face some infections after piercing but you need to take care of it for a while.
This article will share how beneficial is tea tree oil for piercing and how you can use it.
- 1 13 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Piercing
- 1.1 1. Tea Tree Oil Protects Your Piercing From Infection
- 1.2 2. Tea Tree Oil Adds Moisture To The Piercing
- 1.3 3. Tea Tree Oil Can Reduce Swelling And Discomfort
- 1.4 4. Tea Tree Oil Prevents Bleeding And Scabbing
- 1.5 5. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antiseptic for Ear Piercing
- 1.6 6. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antifungal
- 1.7 7. Tea Tree Oil Has Soothing Effect in Ear Piercing
- 1.8 8. Tea Tree Oil Helps Your Piercing Heal Faster
- 1.9 9. Tea Tree Oil Helps You Care For Your Piercing
- 1.10 10. Tea Tree Oil Is Easy To Use
- 1.11 11. Tea Tree Oil Is Convenient in Skin Piercing
- 1.12 12. Tea Tree Oil Is Non-Toxic And Allergen-Free
- 1.13 13. Tea Tree Oil Has A Pleasant Smell
- 2 How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Piercing
- 3 Tea Tree Oil For Piercing – Conclusion
13 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Piercing
There are no known harmful side effects associated with the use of tea tree oil. If you experience any irritation or discomfort, reduce your dosage.
Tea tree oil is considered an effective antibacterial and antimicrobial agent for several different types of infections, including dandruff, bad breath, acne, athlete’s foot, scrapes, and wounds.
Tea tree oil is an essential oil derived from the leaves of the tea tree plant (Melaleuca alternifolia). It is rumoured to be useful not only for cleaning piercings, but also to stimulate healing and fight infection.
When applied topically, tea tree oil is useful for fighting some types of infection. It can also be used as a cleaning agent to help flush out the piercing and remove crustiness, as well as to speed up healing time. In addition, tea tree oil stimulates blood flow and new cell growth, which promote faster healing, regardless of your piercings’ status.
1. Tea Tree Oil Protects Your Piercing From Infection
Tea tree oil is an antibacterial agent. It prevents bacteria from festering on the piercing, which can cause infection. The oil kills bacteria by suffocating it, breaking down its cell walls, and inhibiting its growth. You can use tea tree oil for cleaning purposes or as a protective coating to prevent your piercing from becoming infected.
Related Video – Tea Tree Oil For Body Piercing
2. Tea Tree Oil Adds Moisture To The Piercing
Because it helps kill bacteria, tea tree oil aids in the prevention of dryness, which can lead to a breakdown in your skin’s good bacterial flora and a risk of infection.
Dry piercings are also more prone to discomfort because they don’t have enough lubrication to prevent friction between body parts. To improve dryness, clean the piercing with tea tree oil, and apply moisturizer to soothe any irritation.
3. Tea Tree Oil Can Reduce Swelling And Discomfort
Swelling after getting a piercing is normal, but it should decrease over time. If you experience discomfort or swelling that gets worse instead of better, consult your piercer or physician.
The tea tree oil can reduce your risk of developing this complication by killing the bacteria that causes it, but you should still get checked out if you see no improvement after two days.
4. Tea Tree Oil Prevents Bleeding And Scabbing
Not only does tea tree oil disinfect your piercing, but it prevents blood, pus, and other fluids from accumulating in the wound. These fluids can lead to scabbing, which is when your skin tries to heal itself by forming a crust or scab over the piercing.
Scabs are extremely itchy and uncomfortable, so getting rid of them should be your goal when caring for your new piercing. Using tea tree oil on your new piercing is one of the best ways to prevent the formation of scabs.
5. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antiseptic for Ear Piercing
Antiseptics are agents that prevent or slow bacterial growth. Using tea tree oil on your new piercing is an effective way to keep it free of bacteria so it can heal properly. Just like other topical disinfectants, tea tree oil kills bacteria by suffocating it and inhibiting its growth.
6. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antifungal
Tea tree oil is an effective antifungal agent. These agents fight fungi like ringworm, which can colonize your skin after your piercing site comes in contact with it.
If you get a new piercing or simply experience itching at your existing one, use tea tree oil to help treat the problem quickly and effectively.
7. Tea Tree Oil Has Soothing Effect in Ear Piercing
Tea tree oil’s antiseptic and antifungal qualities make it incredibly effective in fighting the itching associated with piercings. If you experience post-piercing discomfort, try using tea tree oil to soothe the area instead of scratching it until it becomes raw or bloody.
8. Tea Tree Oil Helps Your Piercing Heal Faster
Tea tree oil stimulates blood flow and new cell growth. These processes speed up the healing process by delivering oxygen and nutrients to your skin cells while removing waste. The faster your piercing heals, the less time you’ll have to spend worrying about discomfort and other complications.
9. Tea Tree Oil Helps You Care For Your Piercing
Because it’s an antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic agent, tea tree oil is ideal for aftercare. It helps you keep your piercing clean while soothing any discomfort or pain it causes.
Simply wash the area with mild soap and warm water to remove debris, then put a drop of tea tree oil on the affected area. To prevent scabbing, don’t pick at the area.
10. Tea Tree Oil Is Easy To Use
Tea tree oil is available for purchase online and in most pharmacies, grocery stores, and health food shops. It’s also inexpensive, making it an ideal aftercare product for anyone on a budget.
11. Tea Tree Oil Is Convenient in Skin Piercing
Tea tree oil is a natural and effective way to keep your new piercing infection-free.
It doesn’t leave any kind of residue or scent on your skin, so you can clean it thoroughly using soap and warm water after each application. Using tea tree oil after cleaning allows you to combine two steps into one, which makes caring for your new piercing fast and easy.
12. Tea Tree Oil Is Non-Toxic And Allergen-Free
Tea tree oil is a natural substance derived from tea tree leaves, making it non-toxic. Tea tree oil has been used in Australia for decades as an all-purpose antibiotic treatment. The only downside to using tea tree oil on new piercings is that it can sting, especially if you’re using another kind of topical disinfectant.
13. Tea Tree Oil Has A Pleasant Smell
Many people find tea tree oil’s scent refreshing and invigorating. The best part is that tea tree oil has a pleasant smell, unlike alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Piercing
If you are about to piercer or have done it already follow the following steps to take care of your piercing:
- Before you pierce your skin, be sure to wash the area with mild soap and warm water. This removes any kind of dirt or debris that might infect your piercing after it heals.
- Clean the area thoroughly again after you pierce it and remove the jewelry, even if blood is present. Remove all blood and debris, then rinse the area with a piercing aftercare product that’s appropriate for your type of piercing.
- Pour a drop of tea tree oil on the affected area before you reinsert your jewelry. Clean the area again after you put it back in to remove any excess oil or blood.
- Never use tea tree oil with topical disinfectants intended for earlobes. If the skin around your piercing is torn or bloody, skip tea tree oil and use a sterile saline solution instead.
- If you want to buy an anti-bacterial aftercare spray that already contains tea tree oil, look for one that’s dye-free and alcohol-free as well. Be sure to read the label carefully before you buy any antibacterial spray, as some products contain harsh chemicals that damage fresh piercings.
- Wash your piercing with soap and water to remove any debris or dirt that accumulates on the surface of your piercing throughout the day.
- Wipe your piercing with a cotton swab and tea tree oil in between washes if it’s still feeling irritated or uncomfortable.
- Only clean your piercing two to three times daily when it’s fresh, then once or twice a day after it heals completely. Excessive cleaning obscures the appearance of a healed piercing and can irritate the area.
Dilute the tea tree oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil. Never use water to dilute the tea tree oil, because it won’t mix properly. Also before trying out any new product you should do a patch test by using a small amount of the diluted tea tree oil on your wrist.
As you can see, there are many benefits of using Tea Tree Oil for piercing, making it one of the most popular wound-care solutions available today.
Even though some people might find tea tree oil to be irritating at first, it becomes more pleasant to use with time. Just remember that fresh piercings need to be cleaned at least twice a day.
Tea Tree Oil For Piercing – Conclusion
All in all, tea tree oil for piercing is a very powerful agent that can boost the immune system. It’s also good to know that it’s completely safe to use on fresh piercings or tattoos.
Be patient and persistent when you use tea tree oil for your piercing. It is not a miracle position for a quick recovery but is effective if used consistently.
Be sure to check the ingredients of any tea tree oil product you buy, because some products contain harsh chemicals that damage fresh piercings or tattoos.
So there you have it, not only are you equipped with some knowledge about tea tree oil for piercing but hopefully, after reading this article you have now decided to try out tea tree oil for yourself.