Although a common fungal infection caused by dermatophytes, Ringworm is surely a skin disease that disgusts many.
Curses to their speedy growth, Ringworms are quite hard to treat. This is what makes people try out different remedies for it. Many even wonder if using tea tree oil for ringworms is a good idea.
Ringworm can also be released through contact with infected people or animals. If you are suffering from this ailment, the best thing to do is seek medical attention as soon as possible for it would take a week or two to have your body completely healed.
However, if you want something that is quick and cheap, then just whip up these home remedies for Ringworm like use tea tree oil and make it your best friend.
Read on for some benefits & also learn how to apply tea tree oil for Ringworms.
- 1 15 Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms
- 1.1 1. Tea Tree Oil Can Kill Fungi That Causes Ringworms
- 1.2 2. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Can Stop Itchiness
- 1.3 3. Tea Tree Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Can Help Reduce The Inflammation Caused By Ringworms
- 1.4 4. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Is A Fast Treatment Option
- 1.5 5. Tea Tree Oil Is A Powerful Antibacterial That Can Help Fight Infections Caused By Ringworms
- 1.6 6. Tea Tree Oil Can Accelerate The Healing Process When Used Alongside Regular Cures For Ringworms
- 1.7 7. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Prevents The Fungus From Spreading
- 1.8 8. Tea Tree Oil Can Prevent Ringworms From Spreading To Other People
- 1.9 9. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Used In Almost All Remedies For Ringworms Relief
- 1.10 10. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ring Worms Can Help Reduce Blemishes And Marks
- 1.11 11. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Used On Babies Too
- 1.12 12. Tea Tree Oil Has A Pleasant Smell That May Help You Feel Better When Suffering From Ringworms
- 1.13 13. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Massaged On Your Scalp To Help Fight Ringworm Infections In Babies
- 1.14 14. Tea Tree Oil Helps Protect The Natural Health Of Your Skin
- 1.15 15. Tea Tree Oil Is A Great Ringworms After-Care Agent
- 2 Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms – How to Apply
- 3 Conclusion
15 Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms
1. Tea Tree Oil Can Kill Fungi That Causes Ringworms
As already stated, Ringworms is caused due to the growth of fungi. The fungi feed on dead skin cells just below the surface of your skin. This is why it can spread so fast, especially if you are suffering from an immune disorder or have received some kind of treatment recently.
Tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties that can help dry out the fungus causing Ringworms. This is why it is also widely used to treat nail fungus.
Related Video – Tea Tree Oil For Ringworm
2. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Can Stop Itchiness
You are probably wondering how tea tree oil can reduce itching caused by Ringworms. The answer is quite simple, actually! Most cases of Ringworm are known for causing itchiness in addition to some other symptoms that we will be discussing below.
The anti-fungal properties of tea tree oil can help stop the fungus from further feeding on your skin tissue and rapidly growing.
This way, you won’t feel as itchy as before and your Ringworms will heal much faster than ever.
3. Tea Tree Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties That Can Help Reduce The Inflammation Caused By Ringworms
Tea tree oil also has anti–inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation caused by Ringworm fungi.
By killing the fungi and stopping its further growth, tea tree oil can prevent inflammation from occurring as well as the spread of Ringworms to other parts of your body!
In short, this home remedy for ringworms is a double whammy, so to speak!
4. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Is A Fast Treatment Option
Tea tree oil can treat Ringworm very fast, within a week or two.
This is why it is highly recommended by dermatologists for people with this skin ailment. It has been tested to be safe for most types of skin too!
5. Tea Tree Oil Is A Powerful Antibacterial That Can Help Fight Infections Caused By Ringworms
With Ringworms eating up your skin, more and more infections find it easy to make your body their new target. Thanks to tea tree oil, the to-be infections do not find it easy to attack your skin.
As discussed above, tea tree oil is a powerful antibacterial. Hence, it can help fight infections caused by the fungi feeding on your dead skin tissue just below the surface of your skin.
So not only does tea tree oil dry out the fungus, but also helps clean up the area and prevent further infection from setting in!
6. Tea Tree Oil Can Accelerate The Healing Process When Used Alongside Regular Cures For Ringworms
Since tea tree oil can fight infections and dry up the fungi feeding on your Ringworms, it also helps accelerate the healing process of this skin ailment.
You will find that your Ringworms heal much faster than before!
7. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms Prevents The Fungus From Spreading
Since tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties, this home remedy for ringworms is a double whammy to all those fungi! It not only quickly dries them out but also prevents them from spreading to other parts of your body.
So if you are suffering from Ringworms, don’t forget to try out this natural home remedy!
8. Tea Tree Oil Can Prevent Ringworms From Spreading To Other People
If you ever want to prevent the fungi that causes ringworms from spreading to others, tea tree oil is your safest bet.
It can help reduce itchiness and stop the spread of the harmful fungus! Remember, never self-diagnose if you suspect you have
Ringworm fungi because it can be a symptom of other problems too. So always consult a doctor before trying out any home remedies for ringworms .
9. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Used In Almost All Remedies For Ringworms Relief
Since tea tree oil helps treat ringworms by drying out the fungus and treating infections caused by Ringworm, this is one of the best home remedies for ringworms relief.
It can be used when you feel an itch and when your Ringworms start to dry up.
10. Using Tea Tree Oil For Ring Worms Can Help Reduce Blemishes And Marks
Once the ringworms disease starts healing, you’d notice your skin having those ugly and unsightly ringworm lesions.
Realistically speaking, these do not go away easily and many end up living with those marks forever. Thanks to Tea Tree oil though, it’s possible to get rid of these marks.
Tea tree oil can help reduce blemishes and marks caused by ringworms.
It helps in exfoliating the top layer of your skin, getting rid of all that bad stuff to reveal a fresh new layer of skin!
When combined with other natural ingredients, tea tree oil works wonders when it comes to treating Ringworm lesions.
11. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Used On Babies Too
Babies also tend to get ringworms sometimes.
So it’s best to use tea tree oil when your baby starts showing symptoms of ringworms.
It is safe for babies and can also fight off external parasites too!
12. Tea Tree Oil Has A Pleasant Smell That May Help You Feel Better When Suffering From Ringworms
Since tea tree oil has a pleasant smell, you might feel better when suffering from ringworm infections.
This is because the smell of this oil helps induce feelings of relaxation and calmness that may help combat stress, which can worsen your ringworms condition .
13. Tea Tree Oil Can Be Massaged On Your Scalp To Help Fight Ringworm Infections In Babies
If you have a baby struggling with ringworms, it’s best to apply tea tree oil on his or her scalp for faster relief. You can also try massaging your baby’s head in order to help alleviate the itchiness caused by Ringworm fungi.
14. Tea Tree Oil Helps Protect The Natural Health Of Your Skin
Tea tree oil is all natural and chemical-free, so it helps protect the natural health of your skin.
Due to its antiseptic properties, regular use can prevent a reoccurrence of Ringworms.
15. Tea Tree Oil Is A Great Ringworms After-Care Agent
Since tea tree oil has antiseptic properties, it can help repair damaged skin. Hence, its use is great for after-care of ringworms breakouts.
It can speed up the healing process and even help prevent a reoccurrence of Ringworms.
Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Ringworms – How to Apply
Tea tree oil is great for Ringworms so you can apply it topically onto your skin to get rid of ringworm infection. Here are a few ways on how to use tea tree oil for ringworms .
1. Softly Massage Tea Tree Oil On The Site Of Infection
You can gently massage tea tree oil on the site of infection. This is one of the most common ways to use tea tree oil for ringworms. Be sure that you only apply a thin coat on your skin and don’t rub it harshly because this can worsen your symptoms!
2. Add A Few Drops Of Tea Tree Oil To Your Bath Water And Soak For 20 Minutes
This is another great way on how to use tea tree oil for ringworms.
You can add a few drops of this essential oil to your bath water and soak in it for 20 minutes, twice per day.
When you do so, be sure to rub some shampoo onto your Ringworms lesion before getting into the tub since this will help get rid of them.
Tea tree oil is known to be great for treating Ringworms. It is all natural, chemical-free and very safe for most people regardless of their skin type.
This essential oil can also speed up the healing process of your ringworm lesions and even prevent reoccurrence!
However, please remember that tea tree oil cannot cure you completely; it will only help in getting rid of your Ringworms.
Due to this, it is best that you complement your tea tree oil treatments by eating healthy and drinking lots of water too. You can also consider taking iodine supplements.
Now that you know the many benefits of tea tree oil for ringworm treatment, why not give it a try?