Everyone wants healthy and thick lashes as it’s one of the beauty points. In search of a natural solution, you must have tried many products.
This article will help to narrow down your search as it will share the benefits of tea tree oil for eyelashes.
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant which grows in Australia. This essential oil has many uses because it contains compounds that are beneficial for health. This article will show you how to use tea tree oil on your eyelashes to get thick lashes.
- 1 12 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes
- 1.1 1. Tea Tree Oil Keeps Eyelashes Moisturized
- 1.2 2. Tea Tree Oil Is Anti-inflammatory
- 1.3 3. Tea Tree Oil Is Antibacterial
- 1.4 4. Tea Tree Oil Promotes And Strengthens Hair Growth
- 1.5 5. Tea Tree Oil Makes Your Lash Healthier And Stronger
- 1.6 6. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antioxidant
- 1.7 7. Tea Tree Oil Prevents And Stops Infection
- 1.8 8. Tea Tree Oil Has Non-allergic Properties
- 1.9 9. Tea Tree Oil Is Good For Hydration
- 1.10 10. Tea Tree Oil Is An Effective Treatment For Dry Eyes
- 1.11 11. Tea Tree Oil Stimulates The Lash Follicle
- 1.12 12. Tea Tree Oil Is An Organic Product
- 2 How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes
- 3 Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes – Conclusion
12 Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes
Tea Tree Oil can be used as a natural remedy for a range of skin issues, including the eyebrows and lashes. It is an aromatic essential oil that comes from Australia and has long been known to have anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
By using these qualities on the eyelashes it can strengthen them, thus giving the eyes a more attractive appearance.
It has been used for centuries by the aboriginal peoples there as a topical antiseptic agent and it continues to enjoy widespread use today.
Let’s look at the benefits of tea tree oil for eyelashes;
1. Tea Tree Oil Keeps Eyelashes Moisturized
Tea tree oil is an effective moisturizer that will leave the eyelashes nourished and healthy, which will in turn make them look longer and thicker.
The same properties also prevent infections of the eye area, especially if you suffer from blepharitis.
Related Video – Quick Ways To Grow Long Eyelashes:
2. Tea Tree Oil Is Anti-inflammatory
Tea Tree Oil is also anti-inflammatory, which means that it can help to reduce any inflammation associated with blepharitis – swelling around the eyes will make the lashes appear shorter and sparser.
This oil can also prevent eye infections caused by styes or bacteria, so you should see an improvement in the appearance of your lashes.
3. Tea Tree Oil Is Antibacterial
Tea tree oil is antibacterial and will fight the bacteria that cause styes.
Eye infections can also be caused by viruses or fungi, so tea tree oil’s anti-fungal properties will help to eliminate these too.
This in turn reduces any irritation to the area and lessens any risk of eye damage caused by scratching the eye in an attempt to clear the infection.
4. Tea Tree Oil Promotes And Strengthens Hair Growth
Lashes are hair, so tea tree oil will have a positive effect on their appearance by promoting the good growth and strength of healthy lashes.
A healthy lash grows quickly and will not be prone to breaking or falling out.
5. Tea Tree Oil Makes Your Lash Healthier And Stronger
Tea tree oil strengthens the lashes and hair follicles, which means that they will be less likely to fall out or break.
It also promotes strong hair growth and activates the formation of collagen, which is a protein that gives structure and strength to all body tissue.
Collagen keeps your skin elastic and tight, so having more of it in your lashes will help with lash growth and reduce any loss or damage of eyelashes.
6. Tea Tree Oil Is An Antioxidant
Antioxidants are both anti-inflammatory and protective, so they also protect the lashes from free radical damage.
Free radicals are unstable molecules that cause oxidative stress, which is a reduction in a cell’s ability to function normally. With a reduced ability to function, the cell will age quicker and may even become cancerous.
Antioxidants, including tea tree oil, can prevent oxidative stress from occurring by neutralizing free radicals.
7. Tea Tree Oil Prevents And Stops Infection
The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil will prevent or treat infections.
If you have an infection on your lash line it is likely to affect the lashes themselves, so using this oil regularly will help to clear up any such issues.
The free radical protection also reduces any damage caused by the infection, which will then assist with faster recovery.
8. Tea Tree Oil Has Non-allergic Properties
Since tea tree oil is not an allergen there are no side effects to using it. This means that you can use it without worrying about any kind of reaction caused by skin irritation or sensitivities.
9. Tea Tree Oil Is Good For Hydration
The antioxidant properties will also stop oxidation, which is a chemical reaction that destroys the cells of the lash.
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities help to heal any damage or infection caused by oxidative stress, as well as prevent any new issues from occurring in the future.
All these properties combined make tea tree oil a great choice for those who want to promote healthy lashes that are both long and strong.
10. Tea Tree Oil Is An Effective Treatment For Dry Eyes
Dry eyes are an irritation of the eyes caused by a lack of tear production, which makes it difficult to keep the area moist and free from infection.
Tea tree oil can help with dry eyes by promoting tear production as well as killing any infection-causing bacteria.
11. Tea Tree Oil Stimulates The Lash Follicle
Stimulating the lash follicle will help to produce new lashes, which makes it an effective way of encouraging growth.
If you use tea tree oil regularly you should notice more new lashes appearing after approximately eight weeks of treatment.
12. Tea Tree Oil Is An Organic Product
Tea tree oil is an organic product, which means that it comes from a natural source and has no chemical or synthetic compounds added.
This makes it safe to use on the skin and lashes without any fear of side effects or irritation. It will not cause allergic reactions either, so you can be sure it’s suitable for anyone to use.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes
You can use tea tree oil on the eyelashes in two ways. Firstly, you can apply it topically – directly to the lashes themselves. You can do this by applying a few drops of the oil to clean skin and then gently apply it to your eyelashes with your fingers.
If you do not want to get the oil on the skin directly, a cotton swab or a clean mascara wand can be used instead.
You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular mascara before applying it – this will make sure that once you have applied it enough times, your lashes will become longer and thicker.
Using tea tree oil can speed up the growth of your lashes by increasing blood flow to the follicle and stimulating the root cells. This will result in longer, thicker lashes. To benefit from this effect, follow these steps:
- Place a few drops of the oil in your hand.
- Use your fingers to gently apply the oil to the base of the eyelashes, where they meet the skin. Make sure that you do not get any in your eyes – if some does get in accidentally it won’t irritate them, but it can cause a burning sensation!
- Place a few drops on your eyelashes or apply it with a clean mascara wand. The oil does have a scent so you might not want to use this method if you are applying makeup over the top – many people don’t like scented cosmetics.
- Use tea tree oil every day for 1-2 months to see results. You can stop applying the oil after this point, but it is recommended to continue treatment for another 4-6 weeks to ensure that your lashes are healthy and strong.
- You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular mascara before applying it. This will make sure that once you have applied it enough times, your lashes will be longer and thicker.
Use diluted oil as the skin around the eye is very delicate. You can also make your mixture by mixing one drop of tea tree oil with two or three drops of olive or coconut oil. Then put this mixture on your eyes with a cotton swab.
Tea Tree Oil For Eyelashes – Conclusion
Tea tree oil is the perfect treatment for the lashes as it contains all of the nutrients they need to grow.
It improves their health and appearance by increasing blood flow, protecting them from oxidative stress, and preventing infections – this makes lashes longer and stronger. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make it a great choice if you want your eyelashes to be healthier and to grow. You can use tea tree oil topically or with your regular mascara.
To summarize, tea tree oil is a great way to promote the growth of eyelashes. It works by increasing blood flow and stimulating root cells, which will add length and thickness to lashes.