Jojoba oil is an amazing natural hair care method. Produced in the seed of the wild Jojoba plant, this oil is highly moisturizing for dry and porous strands (such as locs).
This article will share the benefits and how to use jojoba oil for locs.
- 1 16 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Locs
- 1.1 1. Jojoba Oil Does Not Leave A Greasy Feeling On The Scalp
- 1.2 2. Jojoba Oil Moisturizes Dry Locs Well
- 1.3 3. Jojoba Oil Does Not Get Sticky Or Clumpy In The Locs
- 1.4 4. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used To Soften Locs
- 1.5 5.Jojoba Oil Contains Vitamin E
- 1.6 6. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used On Any Hair Type
- 1.7 7. Jojoba Oil Is Cost-Effective
- 1.8 8. Jojoba Oil Is Easily Found At Your Local Health Food Store
- 1.9 9. Jojoba Oil Prevents Hair loss
- 1.10 10. Jojoba Oil Is A Great Cheap Choice For Pre-Wash Treatment
- 1.11 11. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used On Natural And Loc Extensions
- 1.12 12. Jojoba Oil For Men’s Natural Hair
- 1.13 13. Jojoba Oil Is All-Natural
- 1.14 14. Jojoba Oil Prevents Itching
- 1.15 16.Jojoba Oil Prevents Dandruff
- 2 How To Use Jojoba Oil For Locs
- 3 Jojoba Oil For Locs – Conclusion
16 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Locs
Jojoba oil or Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil is a liquid wax ester that comes from the seed of the Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) plant.
This shrub can grow in dry areas, where there is little rainfall. It’s a natural plant that can be found in the southwestern U.S., Mexico, and parts of South America.
Don’t confuse jojoba oil with the liquid produced from the nut of this plant, which is used in some cosmetic products.
Jojoba oil is a light brown color and has a greasy feel. When used on hair, it is liquid but thickens after application.
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax – not oil – and comes from the seed of a shrub. While it may not be oil, its consistency is similar to that of hair’s natural oil – sebum.
Jojoba oil absorbs quickly into the scalp and locks in moisture better than most other oils. It works as a great moisturizer for dry locs and does not weigh them down or leave a greasy look.
1. Jojoba Oil Does Not Leave A Greasy Feeling On The Scalp
One of the biggest fears that many women have about using oil on their hair is that it will leave a greasy look and feel.
Jojoba oil, however, absorbs into the scalp very quickly and does not give off an oily look – at least when applied properly.
This stunning woman with gorgeous locs has used jojoba oil for over one year and loves the results!
Related Video – How To Treat Dry Itchy Scalp With Jojoba Oil
2. Jojoba Oil Moisturizes Dry Locs Well
Most oils like castor and olive oil that are used to moisturize dry, natural hair don’t work as well on locs because they are very porous.
This makes them dryer than the natural hair underneath and thirsty for moisture.
Jojoba oil is great for moisturizing dry locs because it penetrates the strands to lock in moisture without weighing them down or leaving a greasy feel.
3. Jojoba Oil Does Not Get Sticky Or Clumpy In The Locs
Since jojoba oil is a liquid wax, or very thick oil, it doesn’t get sticky or clumpy in the locs like some oils.
It also lasts a long time and is great for sealing moisture in your locs between wash days. This combination makes it a perfect choice for preventing dry locs from becoming brittle.
4. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used To Soften Locs
Jojoba oil is, once again, a liquid wax which means it can easily be applied to dry locs that need some rejuvenation.
After applying the oil to your locs or scalp, massage for about five minutes before rinsing with shampoo and water. The natural hair under your locs will benefit from the oil as well.
5.Jojoba Oil Contains Vitamin E
In addition to jojoba oil’s many benefits, it also contains vitamin e which is good for promoting growth and fighting dryness.
It’s a wonderful multi-purpose oil that can be used in your hair care regimen to moisturize dry locs, soften locs, and even fight dry scalp.
6. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used On Any Hair Type
Another great thing about jojoba oil is that it can be used on any hair type – even the sensitive head.
If you have a dry scalp but also need to moisturize your locs, jojoba oil is a much better option than using olive or castor oil.
It also does not have a fragrance that many women with sensitive scalps may be allergic to.
7. Jojoba Oil Is Cost-Effective
For how well it works, jojoba oil is surprisingly cost-effective.
One small bottle of liquid wax can last you months and will only cost about $10! If you use an all-natural hair care regimen as I do, then keeping your hair moisturized between wash days with jojoba oil can be done for a very low price.
8. Jojoba Oil Is Easily Found At Your Local Health Food Store
One last reason why jojoba oil is a good choice for moisturizing you’re locs is that it’s not as hard to find as many people think.
If you have trouble finding any of the following items at your local health food store, then you can order them on Amazon at a very affordable price.
9. Jojoba Oil Prevents Hair loss
Jojoba oil is the answer for preventing hair loss and promoting healthy natural hair.
It can be used to moisturize dry locs, soften them, prevent breakage around your edges, reduce itching on your scalp, and even treat dandruff in between wash days.
This multi-purpose oil works well for all kinds of hair types and textures. It is the perfect all-natural moisturizer for you to have on hand between wash days to keep your locs looking their best.
10. Jojoba Oil Is A Great Cheap Choice For Pre-Wash Treatment
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a pre-wash package, jojoba oil can be a cheaper choice.
It also has the same effect because it helps to moisturize dry locs and prevent breakage around your edges. The liquid wax penetrates deeply into the strands to keep them strong, durable, conditioned, and flexible.
Your hair will be happy you used this all-natural product instead of other expensive pre-wash treatments.
11. Jojoba Oil Can Be Used On Natural And Loc Extensions
Many people have been asking me if jojoba oil can be used on natural and loc extensions.
The answer is yes! One reason is that it does not have a fragrance for women with sensitive scalps who may get headaches from heavily scented products.
The other reason is that it works for all hair types so your natural hair will benefit from its moisturizing abilities.
12. Jojoba Oil For Men’s Natural Hair
Nowadays, men are also embracing the use of all-natural products and taking great care of their locs .
Jojoba oil is a wonderful new addition to the list of men’s natural hair oils because it prevents breakage, promotes healthy growth, and moisturizes dry locs.
It can also prevent male pattern baldness if applied to the scalp daily!
13. Jojoba Oil Is All-Natural
The best part about jojoba oil is that it’s all-natural which makes it the number one choice for preventing hair loss and scalp itchiness.
You can apply it to your scalp without worrying about chemicals breaking down your strands or causing allergic reactions.
It’s pure, uncontaminated, unrefined, and has not been processed in any way.
14. Jojoba Oil Prevents Itching
Another great benefit to using jojoba oil is that it prevents itching on your scalp. It can be used in-between wash days to keep your locs looking clean and refreshed.
Just apply the liquid wax to dry locs, work it thoroughly through each strand, and let it sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
You can also leave it in overnight as a pre-wash treatment for stronger, healthier locs.
16.Jojoba Oil Prevents Dandruff
One of the most common scalp problems is dandruff and other irritants that lead to itching.
Applying jojoba oil to your locs daily can prevent this condition from occurring and help relieve any itchiness you may be experiencing on your scalp.
It will also keep the roots of your locs moisturized, conditioned, and healthy.
How To Use Jojoba Oil For Locs
To use jojoba oil for locs, follow these simple steps:
- Start with clean (preferably wet) hair and apply the oil to your scalp only. Avoid applying too much of this product around the hair itself as it can make the locks look greasy and weigh them down.
- Massage the oil gently but thoroughly into your scalp and all-around your locs for about 5 minutes or until fully absorbed. Complete this step by rinsing out the oil with warm water to remove any excess wax from your hair strands.
- Apply the oil to dry locs as a pre-wash treatment or to moisturize your scalp between wash days.
- For optimal strengthening of locs, apply the liquid wax daily on dry locks for about 15 minutes and then rinse out with warm water. Natural hair experts recommend leaving this treatment overnight as a pre-wash treatment for strong, healthy locs that won’t break off easily.
- Once a month, apply a generous amount to dry locs and work it in thoroughly from the roots to the ends. Then, let the oil sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing clean with warm water.
- Enjoy beautiful, moisturized, healthy locks that will grow longer and stronger!
Store jojoba oil in a cool, dark place like your bathroom cabinet. It should be kept out of direct sunlight and used within 6 months for best results.
Jojoba Oil For Locs – Conclusion
Jojoba oil has been used for hundreds of years by Native Americans to moisturize and condition their naturally dry, brittle hair.
It’s also great for soothing itchy scalps which is something that many people with lots may experience after wearing them for long periods.
It’s also great for applying to dry locs before braiding them so they don’t shrink up throughout the week.
Jojoba oil gives you strong, radiant, beautiful locs without all of the damaging chemicals found in most commercial hair products.
It’s inexpensive and cost-effective since a little bit goes a long way in solving many scalp issues.
Once you start using jojoba oil regularly, you’ll soon see why it’s the choice of many natural hair experts!