Chapped lips are a huge problem for a lot of people, but luckily there are several ways to fix them. One way is to use jojoba oil for lips. Jojoba oil has been shown by studies to help heal chapped and dry lips as well as reduce symptoms such as itching, burning sensation, and pain that those with chapped lips often
- 1 7 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Lips
- 1.1 1. Jojoba Oil Keeps Lips Hydrated
- 1.2 2. Jojoba Oil Helps Prevent Chapping
- 1.3 3. Jojoba Oil Helps Reduce Dryness
- 1.4 4. Jojoba Oil Helps Prevent Aging
- 1.5 5. Jojoba Oil For Flawless Lipstick Application
- 1.6 6.Jojoba Oil Contains Vitamin E
- 1.7 7. Jojoba Oil Helps Reduce Scars
- 2 How To Use Jojoba Oil For Lips
- 3 Jojoba Oil For Lips- Conclusion
7 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Lips
Jojoba oil is pressed out of the seed of the “Simmondsia Chinensis” plant, which is a shrub that can grow up to 20 feet tall in its natural habitat. The seeds are planted about an inch into the soil, which produces a bush that creates seeds that are collected to extract the oil.
Although many people use jojoba oil for their hair, some even use it as a dietary supplement, there is so much more you can do with this wonderful plant extract.
What makes jojoba oil so special is that it closely resembles the sebum which your skin naturally produces to keep hair and nails healthy. This makes it a great option for those who suffer from dryness, as well as very sensitive skin. What are the benefits of jojoba oil for lips?
1. Jojoba Oil Keeps Lips Hydrated
The sebum that is produced naturally on your skin contains ingredients that work to keep your lips hydrated. Jojoba oil mimics these chemicals, so applying it not only creates the appearance of healthier lips but also helps them to stay hydrated longer.
Related Video – How I Make My Lip Scrub With Jojoba Oil
2. Jojoba Oil Helps Prevent Chapping
When you apply jojoba oil to your lips, it creates a barrier so there is less of a chance of your skin becoming chapped. This not only helps with dryness but also prevents pain and discomfort.
3. Jojoba Oil Helps Reduce Dryness
If you tend to get really dry skin on your lips, you can use jojoba oil to reduce this. By applying it to the affected areas two times a day, for about 3-4 weeks, you will be able to see dry skin diminish greatly.
4. Jojoba Oil Helps Prevent Aging
Most products that try to prevent aging contain a chemical that halts the production of collagen. Although this may work, it can have side effects such as poisoning and even death in some cases. Jojoba oil on the other hand works from the inside out, by focusing on cell regeneration. This not only helps to prevent aging but also results in healthier skin.
5. Jojoba Oil For Flawless Lipstick Application
If you suffer from dry lips, it is hard to apply lipstick without it looking patchy and clumpy. Applying jojoba oil on your lips before you apply lipstick helps to prep them for the application process. This makes the color pop more as well as keeps the moisture locked in so that there are no lines or unevenness.
6.Jojoba Oil Contains Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that works to keep your skin healthy by reducing the effects of free radicals. This ingredient not only helps reduce damage caused by free radicals, but it can help with scarring, cell regeneration, and dryness.
7. Jojoba Oil Helps Reduce Scars
Free radicals are not only dangerous to your skin, but they can also have long-term effects on the way your lips look. Applying jojoba oil to scars by encouraging cell regeneration which will help reduce the appearance of these scars.
How To Use Jojoba Oil For Lips
Putting jojoba oil on your lips is very simple. Because it comes in liquid form, all you have to do is apply a small amount with the dropper that is included with most bottles of this product. Rub the oil in so it is distributed evenly, and you’re good to go. Let’s look at the basic steps to use jojoba oil.
- Step 1: Massage jojoba oil into your lips.
- Step 2: Allow the natural oils to work for 5 minutes before applying lipstick or lipgloss if you want a smooth and even application.
- Step 3: Once done, wipe off excess oil from lips to prevent a greasy appearance.
This is the routine you can follow for using jojoba oil, use it regularly to have better results. It can be used in various ways, such as;
1. Lip Moisturizer For Dry Lips
This is the easiest and most common way to use jojoba oil for your lips. When you wake up, or before going to bed, simply apply a small amount of oil to your lips using the dropper included with most bottles of this product. Rub it in so it can be distributed evenly, and enjoy softer, hydrated lips.
2. Lip Balm For Chapped Lips
The best way to use jojoba oil for chapped lips is to apply it right when you feel symptoms starting up. If you use this product before heading out in the cold weather, your skin will be able to retain moisture better than if you waited until your skin was already dry and chapped.
You can either buy it from the store or make your own. If you want to make your lip Balm then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Combine jojoba oil and beeswax in a microwave bowl. Heat it for 15 seconds, until the mixture is liquified.
- Step 2: Get essential oils that are perfect for your lips, such as peppermint oil, tea tree oil, or lavender.
- Step 3: Add 1-2 tablespoons of jojoba oil, you can also use almond or grapeseed oil.
- Step 4: Mix everything by stirring it slowly.
- Step 5: Put the mixture in a lip balm container and store it in the fridge.
This home remedy is very effective, all you have to do is apply it after each meal and within a few days, you will see a visible difference.
3. Lip Gloss For Luscious, Smooth Fingers
For those who don’t suffer from dryness on their lips, another option is to use jojoba oil as a lip gloss. Simply apply the oil with your fingers, and enjoy shiny lips that feel smoother than ever before. You can also mix this product with other ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax, and other oils to make your lip gloss. To make your lip gloss at home you have to:
- Step 1: Mix 14 teaspoons of jojoba oil with 4 teaspoons of shea butter or beeswax in a microwave bowl.
- Step 2: Melt the mixture for 15 seconds. Get your favorite essential oils and add them to the mix.
- Step 3: Blend the mixture and add 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Step 4: Mix everything well.
- Step 5: Let it cool a bit before you put it in a lip balm container. Store your fresh lip gloss in the fridge.
4. Lip Scrub For Flawless Lips
Another great way to use jojoba oil for your lips is as a lip scrub. By mixing this product with sugar or salt, you can easily exfoliate your lips and get rid of any dead skin cells that are causing dryness. Apply the mixture to your lips using circular motions, then rinse off with water. This is great for getting rid of lip lines, and for preventing future dryness.
5. Use It With Beeswax For A Waterproof Lip Balm
This is the perfect way to use jojoba oil if you want your lips to stay moisturized and hydrated, even during winter or in dry climates. Simply mix one part jojoba oil with two parts beeswax, and enjoy a lip balm that won’t drip and will allow your skin to retain its moisture.
6. Aloe Lips
If you find yourself suffering from a severe case of dry, chapped lips, a great way to use jojoba oil is as an alternative to lip balm. This product not only contains natural moisturizers but also offers healing properties that can soothe even the worst cases of dry skin. Just rub a small amount onto your lips whenever they are feeling dry, and you will find your skin is hydrated in no time.
Jojoba Oil For Lips- Conclusion
If you are looking for a natural way to keep your lips softer and healthier, jojoba oil is the way to go for sure. Not only does it contribute greatly to healthy skin cells, but also helps prevent aging as well as eliminate dryness. With only one ingredient, this plant extract is worth trying to make your lips feel better than ever before.
Using jojoba oil for lips can have a major impact on how you feel about your pucker. The natural oils work well with the skin, and give it a much healthier look as well as smell nice too!
You don’t have to worry about dangerous chemicals or what your friends might say when you ask them if they love your new look. With a few simple steps, you can have radiant-looking lips in less time than it takes to get ready for a night on the town with your besties!
Using jojoba oil for your lips is a great way to get rid of dryness and apply a natural, healthy-looking sheen. By choosing any of the five different ways outlined above, you can enjoy hydrated lips with this unique product.