Jojoba oil for ears is something that belongs in your medicine cabinet. Jojoba oil is a miracle treatment for many ailments and conditions, such as ear infections (otitis).
It has also been used successfully to alleviate pain caused by earaches or inflammation of the external auditory canal.
- 1 21 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Ears
- 1.1 1. Jojoba Oil Alleviates Itchy, Irritated Ears
- 1.2 2. Jojoba Oil Kills Ear Infections
- 1.3 3. Jojoba Oil Relieves Ear Insect Bites
- 1.4 4. Jojoba Oil Rids Ear Wax Buildup
- 1.5 5. Jojoba Oil Treats Swimmers Ear
- 1.6 6. Jojoba Oil Promotes Healthy Ears
- 1.7 7. Jojoba Oil Is Antibacterial
- 1.8 8. Jojoba Oil Has Nonallergenic Properties
- 1.9 9. Jojoba Oil Has Non-Comedogenic Properties
- 1.10 10. Jojoba Oil Has Antioxidant Properties
- 1.11 11. Jojoba Oil Is Affordable
- 1.12 12. Jojoba Oil Is Simple To Use
- 1.13 13. Jojoba Oil Is All Natural
- 1.14 14.Jojoba Oil Is Non Toxic
- 1.15 15. Jojoba Oil Prevents Future Ear Infections
- 1.16 16. Jojoba Oil Is Packed With Vitamins
- 1.17 17.Jojoba Oil Gives Relief From Pain
- 1.18 19. Jojoba Oil Is An Effective Natural Treatment For Ear Disorders
- 1.19 20. Jojoba Oil Can Also Be Used To Moisturize The Skin
- 1.20 21. Jojoba Oil Is Lipid-Balanced
- 2 How To Use Jojoba Oil For Ears
- 3 Jojoba Oil For Ears – Conclusion
21 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Ears
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax ester that can be extracted from the jojoba plant. It contains an extremely high concentration of fatty alcohols and has been used for decades in beauty products, including shampoos and lip balm, to moisturize hair and skin.
Jojoba oil is an aromatic plant oil with a composition similar to human sebum. It originates from the seeds of the Simmondsia Chinensis, commonly known as the jojoba tree.
It has been used for centuries in various cultures including that of Native Americans who have long used it for hair care and in traditional medical practices.
Jojoba oil is said to act as an antibacterial agent, making it effective against ear infections. The Journal of International Medical Research says that the oil has antimicrobial activity against bacteria associated with a middle ear infection (otitis media) and can be used safely in children six months old or older.
Some people also believe that applying jojoba oil to the outer ear may be effective in relieving allergies, particularly when an allergen is involved. Let’s look at the benefits of jojoba oil for ears:
1. Jojoba Oil Alleviates Itchy, Irritated Ears
It can alleviate the itching and irritation as well as dryness that accompanies itchy or irritated ears. Simply apply a few drops of jojoba oil to the ear for instant relief.
Related Video – Your Ear Indicate Your Health
2. Jojoba Oil Kills Ear Infections
It is a natural antibacterial that can kill off the bacteria that cause ear infections and reduce inflammation. Apply jojoba oil to the outer part of your ear with a cotton ball once or twice daily. It is especially useful for otitis externa, an infection in which the ear canal swells due to the accumulation of fluid.
3. Jojoba Oil Relieves Ear Insect Bites
Jojoba oil is effective in relieving insect bites around the ears, including mosquito bites which often leave behind red, itchy bumps or blisters. Apply a few drops of jojoba oil directly onto the insect bite for a soothing, cooling effect.
4. Jojoba Oil Rids Ear Wax Buildup
It softens and loosens ear wax, making it easier to remove. Simply add a few drops of jojoba oil to the ear with an eyedropper, let it sit for a minute or two, and then clean out any excess ear wax with cotton balls.
5. Jojoba Oil Treats Swimmers Ear
A swimmer’s ear is an infection caused by water trapped in the ear.
The trapped moisture contributes to bacterial growth resulting in a painful, itchy, and swollen ear. It can also result in ruptured eardrums or hearing loss if left uncorrected or untreated. Because jojoba oil helps dry out the ear canal, it is effective in treating swimmers’ ears.
6. Jojoba Oil Promotes Healthy Ears
Because jojoba oil is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, it promotes healthy ears. With such properties, jojoba oil can be used to protect the ears from conditions such as hearing loss and ear pain. It is also effective in restoring impaired hearing.
7. Jojoba Oil Is Antibacterial
Jojoba oil contains natural antibacterial properties that can help fight off bacterial infections. It is most effective when used in conjunction with eardrops that contain additional antibacterial agents.
8. Jojoba Oil Has Nonallergenic Properties
Jojoba oil is non-allergenic and safe for all ages. It does not contain any of the allergens that can cause allergic reactions making it particularly effective in preventing ear infections caused by allergies. It also reduces inflammation and redness, giving relief to those suffering from occasional bouts of itchiness or irritation.
9. Jojoba Oil Has Non-Comedogenic Properties
Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic, meaning that it does not clog pores. It effectively clears out the ear canal, preventing pore blockage and eliminating redness, inflammation, and itchiness associated with clogged ears.
To avoid increasing moisture to your ears after applying jojoba oil, use an eardrop after removing the oil.
10. Jojoba Oil Has Antioxidant Properties
Antioxidants are effective in protecting the skin cells from damage caused by free radicals. Jojoba oil is packed with antioxidants that effectively reduce inflammation and redness while promoting healthy ears.
11. Jojoba Oil Is Affordable
Because jojoba oil is readily available and inexpensive, it can be used as a natural remedy for dry or irritated ears. It is especially affordable compared to over-the-counter and prescription medications that only offer temporary relief at best.
12. Jojoba Oil Is Simple To Use
Simply add a few drops of jojoba oil to the ear with an eyedropper or cotton ball once or twice daily. Alternatively, add a few drops of jojoba oil to a cotton swab and apply it directly onto the ear for faster results.
13. Jojoba Oil Is All Natural
Jojoba oil is all-natural and safe for both children and adults as well as animals. It has no side effects, making it a simple yet effective alternative to drugs or other medical treatments.
14.Jojoba Oil Is Non Toxic
Jojoba oil is non-toxic and safe for topical use. It does not irritate the skin or cause any negative side effects even when used frequently.
15. Jojoba Oil Prevents Future Ear Infections
Because jojoba oil helps kill off bacteria that can cause ear infections, it is effective in preventing future infections.
16. Jojoba Oil Is Packed With Vitamins
Vitamin E is effective in promoting skin health and reducing inflammation and redness caused by dry skin or clogged pores. Jojoba oil contains a large amount of vitamin E which helps keep ears healthy, hydrated, and free from irritants.
Because jojoba oil is packed with vitamins, it can help restore impaired hearing. It also helps protect the ears from conditions like tinnitus, which causes ringing or buzzing sounds in the ear due to irritation or damage to the auditory system.
17.Jojoba Oil Gives Relief From Pain
Jojoba oil is effective in relieving pain caused by ear infections. It also helps reduce inflammation and redness of the skin surrounding the ear.
19. Jojoba Oil Is An Effective Natural Treatment For Ear Disorders
Jojoba oil can be used as a natural treatment for both temporary and chronic ear disorders. It helps relieve pain, clear out clogged ears, fight off infection and improve impaired hearing.
20. Jojoba Oil Can Also Be Used To Moisturize The Skin
Jojoba oil moisturizes the skin without clogging pores. It is effective in treating dry skin and reducing itchiness and irritation caused by dandruff or other conditions.
21. Jojoba Oil Is Lipid-Balanced
The lipid content in jojoba oil is similar to that of the skin’s sebum which makes it effective in treating dry or irritated ears. It is absorbed easily into the skin providing much-needed moisture and nourishment.
How To Use Jojoba Oil For Ears
Jojoba oil is simple to use and it is quite effective. It can be used in the treatment of temporary conditions like itching, dryness, and irritation as well as chronic conditions like hearing loss, tinnitus, ear infections, and impaired hearing.
You can use a dropper or can apply a few drops of jojoba oil directly on the affected area using your fingers. Add a few drops of jojoba oil to the ear with an eyedropper or cotton ball. Let it sit for a minute or two and then clean out any excess ear wax with cotton balls. Follow the following directions to use jojoba oil for ears;
- Clean and dry your ear thoroughly.
- Drip the jojoba oil into your ear and wait for 1-2 minutes before cleaning out any excess wax.
- Gently massage the area around the ear where the oil was applied for a few minutes. This will help spread out the oil and increase its benefits.
- Repeat every day until the infection is clear. If you notice an improvement in your symptoms, then continue applying jojoba oil to maintain healthy ears.
You can buy jojoba oil online or at your local health store. Remember to always wash out your ears thoroughly after swimming. Jojoba oil is a great and all-natural way to keep your ears free from irritants and infections. It also promotes skin health and reduces inflammation in the ear canal.
Jojoba Oil For Ears – Conclusion
Jojoba oil is also known as “wonder oil” that comes from the seed of the jojoba plant. It is a thick, golden-colored liquid with a texture similar to olive oil. For generations, Native Americans have used jojoba oil for the treatment of various ailments and today it is a popular ingredient in many skin and hair products.
As jojoba oil contains several vitamins and antioxidants, it is highly effective in promoting healthy ears. It can be used as a treatment for ear infections or to prevent secondary infections from occurring. It is affordable and easy to use, making it a valuable tool in your cosmetics kit.
Without any side effects, jojoba oil is a safe, non-toxic alternative to drugs and medical treatments. It effectively relieves pain, clears out clogged ears, fights off infections, and improves impaired hearing. It can also be used as a natural treatment for dry skin around the ear area.