Jojoba oil for dogs has been used for centuries because of its medicinal properties.
In the 1800s, Native Americans in Arizona and California used Jojoba Oil For Dogs to heal wounds, treat lacerations, and protect from infections.
Jojoba oil for dogs was also traditionally used by the people of Central America and Mexico as a treatment for psoriasis and other skin disorders.
Are you looking for a natural solution for your dog’s skin disorder treatment? If yes, this article is for you as it will discuss various benefits of jojoba oil for dogs.
- 1 Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Dogs
- 1.1 1. Jojoba Oil Helps To Soothe Dog’s Skin Inflammation
- 1.2 2. Jojoba Oil Promotes Healthy Hair
- 1.3 3. Jojoba Oil Helps To Heal Wounds
- 1.4 4. Jojoba Oil Is A Natural Insect Repellent
- 1.5 5. Jojoba Oil As A Treatment For Psoriasis
- 1.6 6. Jojoba Oil As An Anti-inflammatory
- 1.7 7. Jojoba Oil Helps With Teething Pain
- 1.8 8. Jojoba Oil As A Leave-In Conditioner
- 1.9 9. Jojoba Oil As A Treatment For Acne
- 2 How do you use Jojoba Oil For Dogs?
- 3 Jojoba Oil For Dogs – Conclusion
Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Dogs
Jojoba oil for dogs has been found to have many benefits that may be utilized for skin and fur.
Veterinarians have been using jojoba oil for dogs as an effective treatment for many years because it is hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
Jojoba oil for dogs is used as a treatment for skin and fur to keep it healthy and give your pet a shiny coat.
Jojoba Oil For Dogs is effective at treating the following: dry, flaky, itchy, and irritated skin; dandruff; infected or inflamed ears; hot spots; allergies; and hairball treatments.
Jojoba oil for dogs is also known to soothe skin inflammations, heal wounds and rashes, treat psoriasis, eczema, and acne, soften dry hair, and promote healthy teeth & bones.
1. Jojoba Oil Helps To Soothe Dog’s Skin Inflammation
Jojoba Oil For Dogs can soothe dog’s skin inflammation, wounds, and rashes. It has a protective effect on the skin by forming a wax-like seal to keep moisture locked in.
When you apply Jojoba Oil For Dogs on your pet with cuts, infections, or insect bites, it will help prevent bacteria from entering the wound.
Therefore, Jojoba oil for dogs can be used to treat acne around the mouth, minor cuts, and scars.
2. Jojoba Oil Promotes Healthy Hair
Jojoba Oil For Dogs helps make your dog’s hair shiny and thick by preventing dryness and brittleness.
It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids that are very similar to the chemicals in your dog’s skin and sebaceous glands, so it will moisturize and protect your pet’s hair while keeping its pH balance intact.
According to a study, after 2 weeks of treatment with Jojoba Oil For Dogs, there was a significant increase in the moisture content of both the skin and coat.
A decrease in transepidermal water loss (TEWL) was also noted.
3. Jojoba Oil Helps To Heal Wounds
Research has shown that Jojoba oil for dogs helps to heal wounds by stimulating the formation of new tissue.
When applied to your dog’s skin, it can promote wound healing and accelerate re-epithelization.
Reference Video – Using Jojoba Oil As a Conditioner For Maintenance Baths
4. Jojoba Oil Is A Natural Insect Repellent
Jojoba Oil For Dogs is a natural insect repellent. It is commonly used as an alternative to DEET, which can be harmful to dogs when ingested or absorbed through the skin.
A mixture of Jojoba oil for dogs and citronella essential oil will help keep bugs away.
5. Jojoba Oil As A Treatment For Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder that causes scaly red patches on your dog’s elbows, belly, or ears, often accompanied by intense itching and dry, flaky skin.
Jojoba Oil For Dogs helps with psoriasis because it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
A mixture of Jojoba oil for dogs and coconut oil can be used to make a topical solution for your dog’s psoriasis.
6. Jojoba Oil As An Anti-inflammatory
When applied to your pet, jojoba oil for dogs can help reduce the pain associated with arthritis, injuries, and gout by blocking the enzymes that cause inflammation.
7. Jojoba Oil Helps With Teething Pain
When your puppy is teething, it may chew and bite on clothes or other objects to soothe its aching gums because of the pain associated with teething.
Jojoba oil for dogs can help relieve the pain and remove tartar on your dog’s teeth.
8. Jojoba Oil As A Leave-In Conditioner
You can apply Jojoba Oil For Dogs onto your dog’s coat as a leave-in conditioner that will protect it from the sun, dirt, pollution, and other environmental elements.
It works even better if you mix Jojoba oil for dogs with another essential oil, such as lavender or cedarwood.
9. Jojoba Oil As A Treatment For Acne
Jojoba Oil For Dogs can be used to treat acne around the mouth of your dog by reducing bacterial activity and sebum production.
To make a natural solution for your pet’s acne, mix Jojoba oil for dogs with aloe Vera gel and a few drops of lemon.
How do you use Jojoba Oil For Dogs?
Applying jojoba oil is very easy as it is in liquid form, but these are methods to use it for different purposes for dogs.
- Mix Jojoba Oil For Dogs and coconut or olive oil at a ratio of 1:8 and rub it on your dog’s coat.
- Make a natural insect repellent by mixing 2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil For Dogs, 5-10 drops of citronella essential oil, 10-15 drops of lemongrass essential oil, and two cups of water. Soak a piece of clothing in the mixture, wring it out well and tie it to your dog’s leash when taking her for a walk.
- Make an anti-inflammatory solution for arthritis by mixing one teaspoon each of Jojoba Oil For Dogs, cayenne pepper, dried ginger powder, turmeric powder, and coconut oil. Add the mixture to some water, shake well, and pour it into an empty spray bottle. Spray on your pet’s coat once daily for 3-4 days.
- Rub Jojoba Oil For Dogs onto your dog’s gums to treat teething pain.
- Make a natural topical solution for inflammations or acne by mixing one teaspoon of Jojoba Oil For Dogs, 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel, and a few drops of lemon essential oil. Store the mixture in a glass vial or bottle.
- Mix Jojoba Oil For Dogs with lavender or cedarwood essential oil at a ratio of 1:1 and apply it on your dog’s coat as a leave-in conditioner.
Jojoba oil can also be used for the following purposes.
1. Jojoba Oil For Dog Ears
Jojoba Oil For Dog Ears is a popular remedy for ear infections in pets, particularly dogs.
It can be used to treat yeast infections and other types of bacterial or fungal infections. The oil is very mild, so it won’t irritate your dog’s ears if she has an infection.
However, you should speak with your veterinarian before using any type of topical treatment to make sure it’s safe for your pet.
Jojoba Oil For Dog Ears can be applied directly to the inside of a dog’s ear if she has an infection.
You should clean the ear first with a cloth or cotton ball soaked in warm water, then dry it before putting a few drops of oil in the ear.
Then, massage the dog’s ear to spread it around and make sure all of the oil is absorbed. Only use a small amount at first so you can see how your dog responds before using more.
2. Jojoba oil For Dogs Nose
Jojoba oil For Dog’s noses can be used to moisturize dry and cracking noses on a dog. It has a very mild scent, so it won’t irritate your dog’s nose if she has a skin condition or allergy that affects her nose.
Massage Jojoba oil For Dogs Nose into the skin around your dog’s nose so it can be absorbed.
You should also apply a small amount to the inside of the dog’s nose where you see redness or irritation but only do so after speaking with your veterinarian if she has a condition that affects her nose.
3. Jojoba Oil For Dogs Paws
Jojoba Oil For Dogs Paws can be used to treat dry, cracked paw pads on dogs. It’s very gentle so it won’t irritate the skin if she has a condition that affects her paws.
Massage Jojoba oil For Dogs Paws into the affected area every day or as often as your veterinarian recommends. If you’re seeing signs of infection such as redness, irritation, or swelling, apply the oil as often as possible.
4. Jojoba Oil Shampoo For Dogs
Jojoba Oil For Dogs Shampoo is a popular choice that’s used for many dogs. It works just like other shampoos to clean dirt and debris from your pet’s coat, but it also has antibacterial properties that reduce the chance of infection.
Use Jojoba Oil For Dogs Shampoo every time you bathe your dog to clear away dirt and bacteria, and to help keep her coat healthy.
Jojoba Oil For Dogs – Conclusion
Jojoba oil For Dogs is a popular choice for many uses. It’s gentle and very effective at moisturizing your dog’s skin and coat while fighting off infection.
Some vets also recommend it for ear infections, cracked noses and paws, and other conditions that affect your pet’s skin, but you should always speak with your veterinarian before using any type of product on your dog.
However, you should never put Jojoba Oil For Dogs directly in your dog’s ears if she has an infection because it can worsen the condition and cause more swelling and irritation.
Always consult with a veterinarian before putting any type of topical treatment on your dog to make sure she can safely use it.