Since jojoba oil can penetrate deep down into the skin, it can moisturize your skin even when there are no external factors causing dryness.
That makes this natural wax a great moisturizer for people with really dry skin! This article will share the best jojoba oil for moisturizer, stay tuned!
- 1 10 Best Jojoba Oil for Moisturizer
- 1.1 1. NOW Solutions: Organic Jojoba Oil Moisturizing Multi-Purpose Oil For Face, Hair, and Body
- 1.2 2. PURA D’OR Organic Golden Jojoba Oil
- 1.3 3. Viva Organic Jojoba Oil
- 1.4 4. Clignic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
- 1.5 5. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Dry Body Oil Mist
- 1.6 6. Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer
- 1.7 7. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment
- 1.8 8. Okay Blended Jojoba Oil For Skin And Hair
- 1.9 9. Baebody Vitamin C Moisturizer
- 1.10 10. Squalane Retinol Jojoba Oil Moisturizer For Face
- 2 Buying Guide For Best Jojoba Oil For Moisturizer
- 3 Best Jojoba Oil For Moisturizer – Conclusion
10 Best Jojoba Oil for Moisturizer
As you can see, jojoba oil has a lot of uses. Apart from being great as a foundation substitute or even as baby oil, it is also excellent as a body oil! So what makes this natural wax such a good moisturizer for the body?
Organic jojoba oil is absorbed into the skin very quickly, and it helps rejuvenate dry and irritated skin. You would need to massage your skin with pure jojoba oil at least twice a day to maintain an effective level of moisture on your skin.
So what is the best jojoba oil for a moisturizer? Well, that’s hard to say because there are a lot of factors that go into choosing the best jojoba oil for moisturizer. They include your skin type, which you can determine by looking at the following list:
- Normal Skin – If your skin is neither too dry nor too oily then you don’t need a heavy-duty moisturizing agent. You would do fine with a lighter formula like pure jojoba oil, although you could even use the heavier ones.
- Dry Skin – People with dry skin need to choose a jojoba oil that is heavy or thick enough to keep it moisturized. Pure jojoba oil is probably not good enough for them since it doesn’t give your skin that lasting moisturizing effect.
- Oily Skin – If your skin is naturally oily, then you need to identify the cause of its oiliness first. Is the oil coming out of your skin due to too much humidity? Then jojoba oil might be a great product for you because it has hypoallergenic properties that help treat acne and other skin disorders. Is your skin naturally oily? In that case, you need a lighter jojoba oil because pure jojoba is quite thick.
- Sensitive Skin – If you have sensitive skin then you should probably use a jojoba oil that has been produced from organically grown jojoba seeds. This will reduce the risk of your skin breaking out because of the presence of harsh chemicals in your moisturizer.
Let’s look at some of the best jojoba oil for moisturizer:
1. NOW Solutions: Organic Jojoba Oil Moisturizing Multi-Purpose Oil For Face, Hair, and Body
Jojoba oil is the main ingredient in this moisturizer. The ingredients are naturally derived, which means it’s ideal for people with any skin type. This oil can be used on hair as well as body skin, which makes it versatile enough that you don’t have to buy a separate hair and body lotion.
It works great on sensitive skin and is a very versatile product. People who suffer from acne or acne scars can use this product to minimize the effect and have a better skin condition.
The price is excellent, and the quality of the moisturizer makes it last for a long time. It’s non-greasy and absorbs quickly, which also prevents your hands from getting stained from the jojoba oil in this moisturizer.
- Can be used on hair as well as body skin.
- It works for all skin and hair types.
- Gets rid of acne, eczema and heals wounds and greaseless.
- Promotes softer hair and skin.
- The smell is fairly strong so not everyone would like it.
- Oil is extracted through high heat, not cold-pressed.
2. PURA D’OR Organic Golden Jojoba Oil
PURA D’OR is another organic jojoba oil that has a lot of good chemicals. It contains vitamin E which helps maintain hydration and repair skin cell damages caused by the UV rays of the sun.
This jojoba oil also works for all skin types, so you don’t have to worry about buying separate products for your hair and skin. And since it’s organic, you can be sure that there are no harmful chemicals in this moisturizer.
- It comes with a dropper for easy application.
- Won’t affect your wallet too much as it’s affordable.
- There is absolutely no greasy feel after applying the oil to your skin or hair.
- Good for acne and rosacea
- The dropper may sometimes dispense too much oil, which can make your skin look oily even after you’ve applied it.
- It solidifies if put in the refrigerator, so it is recommended to store it at room temperature.
3. Viva Organic Jojoba Oil
If you’re a fan of Viva oils then this jojoba oil won’t disappoint. It’s 100% pure and natural, and it doesn’t contain any additives or chemicals that might irritate your skin.
The bottle contains 4 ounces of organic jojoba oil, which is enough to last for at least six months if used twice a day.
This jojoba oil can be used for your hair and skin, but mainly as a moisturizer. It’s great for removing makeup and cleansing your face in the morning before applying your normal moisturizer, like an SPF lotion or facial cream.
- It can be used on different types of skin, such as acne-prone skin, oily skin, and even skin with sensitive skin.
- The price is good enough for the bottle of jojoba oil you get.
- It’s organic but it doesn’t have a greasy feel to it after application.
- The smell can be rather strong for some people, so keep that in mind when buying.
- If you have extremely oily skin, then it might be too moisturizing.
- A small bottle can be sticky as you could spill.
4. Clignic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
This product is made from pure jojoba oil which makes up 80% of it. It’s cold-pressed to preserve all the nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. This product is great for acne-prone skin as well as psoriasis and eczema.
People love this product because it has a strong anti-inflammatory property so it helps reduce redness, itching and also prevents scarring.
It can be used for skincare or cosmetic reasons. Jojoba oil is very close to our natural sebum in molecular structure so it is quickly absorbed into the skin
- It has a very lightweight texture which is suitable for daily use.
- It has no additives or artificial ingredients so it’s safe to use even for sensitive skin. No irritating ingredients here!
- Some people find the smell a little bit too strong and not very pleasant.
- It may irritate so do a patch test
5. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Dry Body Oil Mist
This is another great jojoba oil for moisturizing the body. It’s made out of 100% natural ingredients such as oat oil, jojoba oil, and shea butter that help nourish your skin and control any acne or blemishes you might have.
This oil mist is hypoallergenic and free from synthetic dyes and drying alcohol.
The smell isn’t too strong which is good news if you need something to moisturize your skin but don’t want the greasy feel after application.
- It can be used to moisturize the skin and control acne, so it’s a good product for people who have sensitive skin.
- It contains oat oil which helps reduce inflammation and dryness on any type of skin.
- The price is very good for a drugstore brand and is value for money.
- Mild scent, so it’s good for those who don’t like strongly scented products
- Some users reported that the spray bottle can be difficult to use as it’s difficult to pump at times.
6. Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer
Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer is also a good skin moisturizer if you want something to use daily. It’s made out of natural ingredients only, so you know that there are no harmful chemicals in this product.
It contains aloe vera and jojoba oil that keeps your skin super hydrated and healthy.
People love this product because it helps to control rosacea and is also good for people with oily skin. It helps in not making the face look so oily and works well as a primer too. It is also popular for its vegan attributes as it says no to animal testing.
- You can use this moisturizer daily as it’s not too strong for the skin.
- It’s also great for sensitive skin, so if you have a scaly or dry face then this product will work just fine.
- The price is very affordable and has good value for money.
- No animal testing.
- Some users find its watery thin texture unpleasant as it makes them feel they need to apply more to keep themselves hydrated.
- It’s not too strong which is good for daily use, but might not be as moisturizing compared to other products.
7. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment
Another skincare product from Desert Essence that’s also made of 100% natural ingredients only. T
he main ingredient of this product is tea tree oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, and some other herbal extracts. It’s infused with tea tree oil that will help clean your face, treat acne and moisturize it at the same time. It has a gel-like consistency but dries out quickly, leaving no greasy feel behind.
You can put it on your face and body of skin, but mainly for acne-prone skin. Also, it’s good to use after waxing as it gives a cooling effect, and minimizes skin irritation.
People love it because it’s good for sensitive skin types, acne-prone skin. Some even go as far as calling it a magical healing cream. It works well for dry skin, breakout, sensitive skin, minor injuries, etc. t’s also a good preventive measure against mosquitoes.
- It’s a fairly good moisturizer especially if you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- The price is very affordable considering it’s one of the best jojoba oil for moisturizers.
- No harmful chemicals in this product.
- Great healing properties.
- Some users found the smell of tea tree oil unbearable.
8. Okay Blended Jojoba Oil For Skin And Hair
This is an oil-based moisturizer, mainly made of jojoba oil. It is great for your skin as well as your hair. It quickly gets absorbed leaving no oily feeling.
Upon application, your skin feels fresh and hydrated. You can use it on its own or mix it with other skincare products. It’s also good for making thin hair thicker as it strengthens your roots, cleanses the scalp, and prevents any breakage too.
People love this product because you only need a few drops of oil to moisturize the whole face. It makes your skin feel refreshed and hydrated.
- It has a nice lightweight texture which is good for daily use.
- The ingredients are natural so it’s safe to use on sensitive skin.
- You can use it on the whole body with no discomfort.
- It’s fast-absorbing too, so if you hate oily feeling on your skin then this product is for you!
- Some people found the smell a little bit too strong and not very pleasant.
- Better to do a patch test before applying as few people had allergic reaction complaints.
9. Baebody Vitamin C Moisturizer
This product is great for wrinkles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It brightens up your skin and reduces skin damage.
This product is composed of vitamin c, vitamin b5, shea butter, and jojoba oil. This is a hydrating moisturizer that works best for people with dry skin. It will prevent any peeling, irritation, acne breakouts while keeping your face moisturized at the same time while improving its appearance too.
People love it because it’s not greasy and doesn’t clog pores. Also, some users claim to have seen results within weeks of using this product.
- The price is very affordable and won’t break your bank. It also has great free shipping!
- The texture is nice and it’s pretty lightweight so suitable for daily use.
- It absorbs fast without leaving any greasy feeling behind. With continued use, you’ll see visible results!
- Some people find the smell a little too strong, but it goes away a bit when absorbed by the skin.
- Due to rebranding, some users are questioning why does this product smell different than before.
10. Squalane Retinol Jojoba Oil Moisturizer For Face
This is a non-greasy moisturizer that can be used either as a treatment or as a regular moisturizer.
It’s infused with plant-derived squalene oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e, and retinol palmitate which makes it an effective oil for acne-prone skin and wrinkle repair. It’s an effective moisturizer that helps boost collagen production and makes your skin softer, smoother and younger.
People love this product because it gets absorbed by the skin quickly and doesn’t make their faces feel greasy. It is smooth and light in appearance and you can see results quickly. It makes your skin softer and helps smoothen scars.
- The price is very affordable and won’t break your bank. It also has great free shipping!
- The texture is light enough so suitable for daily use as a moisturizer.
- Some users find the smell too strong and it lingers even after absorption.
Buying Guide For Best Jojoba Oil For Moisturizer
1. Find A Brand Giving Authentic Product
It is important to read reviews and learn more about the product you’re buying. Some brands might pass off their jojoba oil as pure when it’s not, so try to read reviews or get information from reliable sources such as websites that provide these kinds of products.
2. Check The Ingredient On The Back Of Product
Before buying anything, find out the ingredients so you’ll know if they will suit your skin type. Some products contain a lot of additives and fillers which might not be good for your skin. Jojoba oil has a very simple ingredient list so there’s no need to worry about that!
3. Push Yourself To Try New Things
Jojoba oil is a very popular product and most brands sell it, so you don’t have to spend too much time searching for one. With such a wide variety of jojoba oil products out there, learn more about the different types and give them all a try! Your skin will surely benefit from it.
4. Pay Attention To Added Ingredients And Alcohol Amount
Some brands use ingredients that can irritate your skin. If you have very sensitive skin, try to read the label and look for natural ingredients that won’t irritate your skin. Also, check if there’s alcohol in it because jojoba oil is usually derived from plants that are not alcoholic, so some brands might add other ingredients to make it non-alcoholic and put too much of it. Alcohol can be very harmful to your skin.
5. Never Sacrifice Quality For Price
Just because a product is cheap doesn’t mean you should get it! Some products might lower the quality just so they could sell their products at a lower price, but that just means you’re not getting the product you deserve. Don’t settle for less because good things come with a price, and we don’t always have to look at the price tag!
6. Cold-Pressed Or High Heat Processed
Some brands will use high heat processing to their jojoba oil, but this can destroy the quality of the product. Look at the label and check if the brand is using cold-pressed or high heat processed jojoba oil if you want to get good quality products that are safe for your skin!
Best Jojoba Oil For Moisturizer – Conclusion
Finding the best skincare product is no easy task. There are a lot of products and ingredients and the number of brands selling this kind of product keeps on increasing.
With so many factors to consider, it’s easy to be overwhelmed with the number of choices you have. As a shopper, it is your responsibility to inform yourself and research everything you need for you not to waste money on useless products.
Jojoba oil has a lot of benefits and everyone can use it because of its gentle ingredient list. There’s some controversy about the location where jojoba oil is being produced, but that doesn’t mean you have to boycott this product just because of that.
Jojoba oil is a very versatile product that can be used for different reasons, so make sure you get the best quality product at the most reasonable price.